PDA

View Full Version : OzRay

OzRay
09-12-2005, 03:03 AM
Probably not much to be said, but I\'m the grumpy old bugger who\'s reasonably well known on the DPReview forum.

I was a professional photographer around 30 years ago, took photos, taught photography for a few years and by happenstance moved into other things, project management of all things.

I\'ve used everything from 35mm to 10\"x8\" field cameras, as well as cameras that can take 50,000 frames/sec (might be more, I can\'t remember - if you want to know how these cameras work, just ask). Digital re-ignited my passion for photography (first a Canon A4, then a KM A2 and finally the E1).

Now I\'m just trying to find my feet back in the world of photography. Small steps at a time for me.

For those who don\'t know, I keep a site at:

www.australianimage.com.au

Cheers

Ray

Post edited by: OzRay, at: 2005/09/12 05:02

laingjd
09-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Oz,

Well known on the DPR is an understatement. LOL.
I am not laffin at ya......I\'m laffin WITH ya!

pixelmaniaman
09-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Hi, I have KM A2, great tool but once I used the E300 wowweeee a convert.

Carloskbco
03-04-2006, 09:51 PM
grumpy old bugger? no...that 's a compliment!
LOL

Welcome to this forum OzRay

Carlos
PS I've never been to Tasmania...care to show it to me?

OzRay
03-04-2006, 10:06 PM
grumpy old bugger? no...that 's a compliment!
LOL

Welcome to this forum OzRay

Carlos
PS I've never been to Tasmania...care to show it to me?

Thanks Carlos

I've been here from the start, but not as active as some. It appears that many of the good people from DPReview have firmly settled here in the last two weeks or so and appear to be enjoying things very much.

I've posted a few shots here already from my trip (check the tripod thread); but I'm trying to compile several photo-essays of the trip, so there's a bit of work ahead for me.

Cheers

Ray

Hokuto
03-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Welcome OzRay! I guess I'd better get around to a self-intro, too.

lonewolf
03-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Hi Ray, glad to see you in this forum. I see many names here that came from Dpr. Even though I never became a member there, I use to read the posts on the Oly Dslr forums and remember you as well as Ben. Glad I decided to become a member here instead.
Aloha, Bryan.

george_online
03-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi Ray,
hope you had good time in Tasmania. When we are going to see the pics?
Regards, George

OzRay
03-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Hi Ray,
hope you had good time in Tasmania. When we are going to see the pics?
Regards, George

We had a great time indeed - didn't want to come back.

While I'm familiar with this style of BB, I'm still trying to come to grips with moving amongst threads (it could be easier); however, here are a couple of shots from the Apple Isle (if the link works):

http://www.fourthirdsphoto.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1255

Cheers

Ray

Theresa K
03-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the crowd, nice to see you aboard.

benherrmann
03-07-2006, 04:58 PM
obviously that link didn't work. The way you do is that when composing your message, just like in Microsoft Word (or Works) you will see a yellow symbol by the formatting options (looks like a small mountain with a moon over it). You depress that and then another window comes up. Anyway, you will paste your link right in that window and hit "okay," at which time it places your picture right away into your message. Actually, it's not bad at alll...rather simple.

Lorne Miller
03-10-2006, 04:56 PM
...hi Ray, Lorne from Victoria, the one in Canada, great to see you made a new home over here, it's going to be good to be able to get input from you, I've always looked for your postings over on the other site - it was when I noticed that you and a few others were no longer around that I got suspicious something foul was going on...looking forward to hearing from you.

cheers,

Lorne Miller

OzRay
03-13-2006, 08:54 PM
While I still visit DPReview (though less frequently), I don't really feel like posting anything there anymore and, sadly, it just seems to me to be a bit of a glum place. And I have to say, I don't miss the all too frequent 4/3s bashing that goes on there either.

Cheers

Ray

ditto1958
03-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Ray, it's really great to see you here. I remember being really upset awhile back when you got banned at DPR. I enjoyed very much reading your posts there and seeing your photos. I think you will like it here.

Bill Gates
03-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Welcome OzRay,

I was just going through your photo-essays on your site, and they are absolutely wonderful! Looking forward to see more of your work. Thanks again for sharing. :up:

OzRay
03-13-2006, 11:15 PM
Thanks all.

Even though I was an early adopter of FTP, I tended to spend most of my time on DPR; however, that's all been changing and the future looks a lot brighter here.

Cheers

Ray

Louis Dobson
03-14-2006, 02:04 AM
Lot less bad temper and posturing around here.

OzRay
03-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Lot less bad temper and posturing around here.

Most certainly and it seems people around here see the glass half full, rather than half empty. That's makes a huge difference.

One can just imagine the snarling naysayers reading this forum (you know who you are) who can't/won't join, because they simply wouldn't last because of their bad attitude. Gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Cheers

Ray