PDA

View Full Version : About me

llpoolej
09-13-2005, 09:29 AM
I am a married mother of twin 5 year olds and a mortgage broker for money :)

I have toyed with doing equine event photography for years. I bought a Sony F707 to do this with in January of 2001. With twin babies I did a little bit, but never really charged anyone. I got quite good at dealing with the Sony\'s Shutter lag

In February of this year I got a wild hair and purchased an E-1 with 14-54 lens. I added the 50mm macro and 50-200 to my lens stable. I also have some OM lenses. I have truly enjoyed this camera and glad I chose the oly camera

Equine photography is still by far my favorite, but I also enjoy macro photography, especially flowers. I have actually sold prints of my flowers which rather floored me!

I would probably fit more in the category of \"enthusiast\" vs professional. I do feel I excell at shooting horse sports as I come from the mentality of a competitor. I know what people are looking for in a photo.

Post edited by: llpoolej, at: 2005/09/13 10:30

pixelmaniaman
09-13-2005, 09:50 AM
Hi, pleased to meet you, when I lived in UK I used to do a lot of photoshoots at horse shows. Very interesting work,
L

llpoolej
09-13-2005, 10:11 AM
My avatar is my friend\'s daughter on her one eyed pony. That is one of the ugliest ponies you will ever see. She and the 6 year old child are learning to jump *together*. A complete no no in the horse world, but as you can see, they are doing a good job. The pony was at a meat yard and picked up for $100.

I love that picture as it shows the pony as almost pretty! The pony is showing decent form over the fence(and that is quite rare for her) and to me, highlights the beauty and good even in the ugly and tossed aside. Probably a more special picture to me(and her mother) than anyone else. That is what I love about photos, the stories behind them