PDA

View Full Version : Romar Armas

gunnerx
09-29-2005, 05:30 AM
The name\'s Romar Armas and I\'m from Toronto, Canada. Was born in the Philippines and moved here in 1989. I love taking pictures and have had several film cameras including a Canon Rebel EOS which my dad gave to me. My first digicam was the SONY F505v which I loved because it had some manual functions. The next one was a Canon SD300 for it\'s size. I have always wanted to get a dSLR when affordable ones were released but money was always an issue. Finally, the Olympus 2 Lens kit deal on DELL was too good to pass up so here I am.

I\'m here to learn a lot of knowledge from those with a lot of experience. Although I have taken a lot of pictures, most of them were shots with no composition in mind.

Feel free to browse my photo gallery: GunnerX\'s Photo Gallery (http://www.gunnerx.com/photogallery/)

craig
09-29-2005, 09:01 AM
Welcome, feel free to post questions that you have, and also posting of pictures from your weekly work.
Thanks
Tony

Corey
10-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Romar,

Im from Canada as well, Hamilton to be exact. Isn\'t it amazing how many Canadians seem to have 4/3s gear? I see tonnes of pictures from Toronto posted in various sites. Its always nice to see things I have actually seen but from someone elses perpective.

Corey

mikefellh
10-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Torontonian here too. Welcome.

gunnerx
10-14-2005, 05:38 AM
Corey wrote:

Romar,

Im from Canada as well, Hamilton to be exact. Isn\'t it amazing how many Canadians seem to have 4/3s gear? I see tonnes of pictures from Toronto posted in various sites. Its always nice to see things I have actually seen but from someone elses perpective.

Corey

Hey Corey. I was definitely amazed at how many Canadians have the 4/3 gear. What\'s more surprising is the number of people within or near Toronto. Hamilton should have quite a lot of great sites for photography. Specially the industrial area and the skyway. :) Toronto seems overdone so I\'m trying to find places that aren\'t as common.

Corey
10-15-2005, 06:40 AM
Romar,

If your looking for something less photographed I would head to Niagra Pennisula. There are many many good landscape shots to be had there. Kitchener used to be one of the biggest industrial cities around and has a great many abandoned factories. Around Hamilton there a number of very old estates that have fallen into ruin if you know where to look. I have only found a few but aparently there are more.

I haven\'t had alot of time to shot around Toronto but I imagine if you got off of the beaten the path there are lots of unique shots to be had. I think the North end is generally ignored.

Corey

AnnF
11-02-2005, 08:05 AM
gunnerx wrote:

Feel free to browse my photo gallery: GunnerX\'s Photo Gallery (http://www.gunnerx.com/photogallery/)

I like the close-up of the hippo.

Ann

gunnerx
11-02-2005, 02:55 PM
AnnF wrote:

I like the close-up of the hippo.

Ann

Thanks Ann. That was my first time fully using the E300. I didn\'t really know how to use the Manual mode at that time. Was happy most of the pictures turned out fine.

I\'m starting up a new gallery and will be migrating everything over there. You can find it on my signature.

AnnF
11-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Well, I think you did a good job on that one. I like to see close-ups of animals.

Ann