PDA

View Full Version : About me

pj_hobart
10-16-2005, 03:15 PM
I\'m a long - term Olympus user. I used to work Saturdays in a HiFi/Photo shop when I was in my teens and fell in love with the OM2. Eventually, I bought one and I used it for years. After many years, I gravitated towards my other hobbies - I still play in a band occasionally - but came back to photography when I went digital with an Olympus C40z.

I\'ve had my E1 about a year, and counting up it\'s actually the 7th Olympus camera I\'ve had - most of them I still own, though I can\'t see me using film ever again.

I shoot anything I find interesting, and I\'m still learning how to get the best out of the 50-200, which has to be one of the finest lenses ever.

pixelmaniaman
10-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Hi pj\"
Im Len (pixelmaniaman), very pleased to meet you:)
like you I have gone over to digital....but now and again I get the urge to use my R6.2...
this is a great site, enjoy, L http://fourthirdsphoto.com/components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/images/a2639b10c4038662835a0719d583af7a.jpg

pj_hobart
10-22-2005, 02:43 AM
Hi: nice picture.

I don\'t think I\'ll use film again, for a couple of reasons.

One is I can\'t be bothered to get it processed, the other is the ability to shoot a series of pictures, and/or bracket - only the pros could afford to do that before.

I\'m experimenting with shooting RAW at the moment, and even seeing the \"frames free\" go down to the 200\'s mark is a bit of a shock now!

barondla
10-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Pj_hobart you had my dream job! I worked at 2 audio stores and 3 camera stores but only once found a store that did both at the same time. We even sold OM 1&2 at that store along with electrostatic speakers, class A amps, and tube stuff. These hobbies are still with me.
thanks
barondla

pj_hobart
10-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Ah, well if you\'re talking about dream jobs, I used to work for a brewery as their trade quality manager.
For four years, I was paid to go round the pubs and check the quality of the beer. Part of my apprenticeship was six months training in tasting beer.

kengreen
10-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Now that sounds like one heck of a job. Certain envy felt from here. You haven\'t perhaps worked within the whisky branch as well.
Ken

pj_hobart
10-31-2005, 02:22 PM
Sadly, we only sold beer :)

Although we used to do a nice drink which was a mixture of beer and orange wine, and I got to test that.