PDA

View Full Version : Photo Journey

jtfrazer
01-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi,

I developed an interest in photography as a kid in the 1950\'s. I used to borrow my Dad\'s camera. We lived in the Rochester, NY area and dad worked at Kodak, so he was able to get film and processing at a bargain price.

When I got ready to go to college, I worked part time for Kodak and later as a Co-op student. I joined their camera club, where I learned a lot about taking pictures and darkroom work. I was active with my hobby throughout college and through the 70\'s.

The 80\'s and 90\'s were kind of a lull for me as far as photography goes, but the arrival of digital photography relit the fire. My first digicam was a Toshiba PDR-M5 with a whopping 2 megapixels. It was actually a pretty decent camera. I graduated to an Oly C-770, which I am very happy with. I found that I also love working in the \"digital darkroom\".

I started making DVDs of vacation trips and for special events for friends. As I approach retirement, I plan to do some photography work for hire to make a little extra income. This led me to look into a DSLR. As much as I like the C-770, the autofocus/shutter delay was a problem when shooting candids of people. After a lot of research, I purchased the E-500 just after Christmas. I haven\'t been able to do much with it yet. I managed to get some sort of back problem a couple of days after the purchase and I\'m not moving around much. I have been able to take lots of time to read the manual and learn the controls.

I am now happily remarried and live in a suburb of Cleveland, OH. I look forward to learning and sharing with all of you.

Bojan Volcansek
01-10-2006, 10:19 AM
jtfrazer wrote:

Hi,

I developed an interest in photography as a kid in the 1950\'s. I used to borrow my Dad\'s camera. We lived in the Rochester, NY area and dad worked at Kodak, so he was able to get film and processing at a bargain price.

I haven\'t been able to do much with it yet. I managed to get some sort of back problem a couple of days after the purchase and I\'m not moving around much. I have been able to take lots of time to read the manual and learn the controls.

I am now happily remarried and live in a suburb of Cleveland, OH. I look forward to learning and sharing with all of you.

Dear Jim,
welcome to the forum, I hope your back problems will be healed soon, and you\'ll have plenty of great time and photos. I\'m also certain that you\'ll find here a lot of nice talk and meet new \"online\" friends.

Also check gallery and critique forum, I hope you\'ll participate both as critic as well as photo poster.

Sincerely yours
Bojan