PDA

View Full Version : Another English newcomer

ptuk
02-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Hi all,

Just joined the forum a couple of days ago so this intro is probably a bit overdue ;) I've had the E-500 2 lens kit since the beginning of the year. I bought it for photographing wildlife and I'm really pleased with it. I've recently added the 50-200 to the collection and the EC-14 is next on my shopping list. I really like the way this forum is structured. I know I'm going to enjoy it here :)

tspore
02-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Paul welcome to the forum.
You can't beat that combo for the price. Its great!

gilesjuk
02-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey, I'm from Staffordshire too!

E500 is a nice camera, the ergonomics and screen are great. It's so smooth and handy to use. I've only got the body and 14-45 lens right now.

I bought a 2nd hand Canon 20d last week and it's also a good camera, really good image quality, but it's so heavy and the shutter reminds me of the sound of a slide projector changing slides lol. I wish my eyecup magnifier for the E500 would turn up, it's really hard to focus on it, this is where the Canon is better too, manual focus is much easier.

ptuk
02-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the welcome lads :)

I don't have too much of a problem with the E-500 viewfinder mainly because I don't use manual focus. At my age I trust Oly's AF over my eyesight every time ;)