PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Sydney

george_online
02-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Enough is enough with DPR. After yesterdays JIm's and today Ben's ban I decided to finish/limit my activities there. Hey, and I forgot that I was already member here before (the passive one :).
Regards, George

Pavel
02-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Welcome! It seems like the latest spate of bannings have been the last straw for many. Well thats good for us here. They haven't banned me (yet) so I think its safe to call this a friendly place :)

george_online
02-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I think DPR became a paranoid place to be.
Regards, George

ditto1958
02-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Welcome home! I haven't been banned here yet, or heard of anyone who has, so I think you'll like it here. You'll find many familiar faces here and a much nicer atmosphere.

(Come to think of it, I was never banned at DPR either. Shoot. Maybe I should go back there and try to get banned. Naww. I've got better things to do).

benherrmann
02-24-2006, 07:55 PM
This place represents a different kind of environment - and by different, I mean very pleasant. Yes, it takes getting used to, especially if you've been at dpreview for a bit (imagine how I felt having posted there 5000 times in 4 years...geeezzzz, that's alot of posting). Anyway, there are so many neat things about this place (and yes, you can edit your postings long after the fact).

The best way to ensure you will post here is to at first force yourself to come here daily. After all, we've been addicted to that "other" forum and like any addiction, you have to employ strategies that gradually wean you away from that behavior. But you will see many many folks here who have migrated here.

Once you've forced yourself to visit here, you will catch yourself making the transition. And thanks for your kind words on that "other" forum...:D

Cyriax
02-24-2006, 08:11 PM
I just joined here last night and i like what I see so far. Seems like nearly all of the best members form DPR are here with less of the rif raf. I look forward to posting and learning form the people here. Hopefully we will have sun in Michigan on a day I can actually get outside. If not I will be in Arizona in March and i know I will give my new E-500 a workout then.

george_online
02-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Hi Cyriax,
My first impression about this site is very good :D too.
George

AnnF
02-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Welcome. It's been awhile since I was at the other place. I went back a few times in the recent past, but didn't feel the need to after that. I get more out of coming here. :)

Ann

george_online
02-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Hi Ann,
Well the things are changing rapidly. Since I have reappeared a few hours ago some more recent DPR members joined and rejoined here. Thank you very much for your welcome. It is great to be here :)
Regards, George

llpoolej
02-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Good to see ya George! What took you so long? :D It is different over here, but a good different. I still post my boring animal photos. So, beware

george_online
02-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Hi,
I am very pleased to find you here. Your pics make me always smiling, they are far from being boring :).
Regards, George