PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys.

Theresa K
02-24-2006, 09:02 PM
I've been a member here for a long time but never posted. That's pretty amazing for those of you who know I am a continual poster over at dpreview. I'm pretty disgusted with the banning of Jim and Ben, boy would I like to get my hands on the idiot that set them up. Anyway, now I guess I just need to get used to this format.

llpoolej
02-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi Theresa, it is good to see you. I think when you get used to this format, you will enjoy it. It is different, but I find it easier. I like being able to edit my posts too(I am terrible about mistakes)

Bill Gates
02-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Hi Theresa, i was wondering where you were. :) I knew about Jim being banned, but not Ben. :hmm:

oh well, it seems like the Oly fans have moved over to FTP. You'll get used to this format, vbulletin is probably the most popular on the web. the interface is very intuitive.

Theresa K
02-24-2006, 09:15 PM
I like being able to edit my posts too(I am terrible about mistakes)

Thanks, Julie. I can see where that would be an advantage. When I was planning my wedding four years ago, I was on a forum a lot that was set up fairly similar to this one. I know I can get used to it. Thanks for the welcome.

george_online
02-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi Teresa,
I am in the same boat as you. I have joined here last year, but was still active with DPR till today. Well the things are changing now.
Regards, George

Theresa K
02-24-2006, 09:17 PM
Sadly, they haven't changed for the better over there. It's too bad that Phil lets people get to the point where trolls piss them off to over-reactions, then he bans everybody. Well, at least Manikin got his. (I think.)

Theresa K
02-24-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm just hoping that Manikin went down, too. I despise trolls and just wish they didn't take out people as they crash and burn.

Ombrafoto
02-24-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm just hoping that Manikin went down, too. I despise trolls and just wish they didn't take out people as they crash and burn.
Hi Theresa..
You'll find a low troll tolerance here.
BEFORE they get to everyone...

Theresa K
02-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Hi Theresa..
You'll find a low troll tolerance here.
BEFORE they get to everyone...

I've watched this happen repeatedly at dpreview. Some moron comes on (often someone who has been banned in the past), deliberately provokes and eventually some well respected people get yanked. UGH.

orthogent
02-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Yes, Theresa,I felt like I was visiting the herpetology (?) center when I read some of Our Manikin Friend. Vile repulsive behaviour creates an atmosphere that well, pee yooey....others of us get a little middle and senior citizen crazy and click before we think true, but this joker's mission was to provoke, to attack, to disrupt. He would be gone like a firecracker on a place like this or photo.net. Never get off two posts with that venom.
With an unmoderated forum, it feels almost like the community has to act or not react as an option, but with what effect...and with what ill feeling vs LEARNING. Like trolls, there are accomplices, if you know what I mean and I know you do.
Bottom line: My guru hero BKS Iyengar says "there is so much to learn,we dont have time for scrapping like kids.." he just published a book Light on Life about his yoga philosophy
Anyway, glad to see you hre. Hope the "cardiac thing" works out, as I know it will. I myself have more knowledge in that area than I ever wanted. Guy from a big med ctr said the other day on TV that it (heart and some other ailments) has indeed gone from acute problem to manageable and chronic. and then on to repair and prevention..this is supposed to make us pateients feel better.(!) But, there is a truth in that. My first episode was 30 years ago and here I am. still clicking away..
Aloha Nui Loa, Gerry

ditto1958
02-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Surprise!!! In case you haven't noticed, there are quite a few familiar faces here, Theresa. I was wondering when you would show up, but welcome! I think you will like it here.

Theresa K
02-24-2006, 09:45 PM
As for the heart thing, it was an overdue wake up call. Much better to get it from the ER than from the morgue.

gunnerx
02-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Welcome! I'm quite amazed at how you were able to stand all those attacks and bickering on DPR. :worship: I just don't have the patience anymore to argue online. :D

Carloskbco
02-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Well..welll...
We meet again, phew...it got too heavy in DPR, so here I am, I recognize some of the names here...I hope it is more peaceful..

Carlos
"Ghetto Cam"Man, as baptized by charliedid
:)

benherrmann
02-25-2006, 05:41 AM
Theresa, like you said...it takes some getting used to. As I told many others, I had to force myself to check in here daily - even if only to read posts. As I did this, I became more familiar with the layout. Let's face it when you post thousands of threads at dpreview...well, it can become addicting. It's kind of like reading your daily newspaper - the one you've read and handled since you were a kid. Then one day the newspaper goes out of business and you are forced to read another variety, which just feels so foreign. But after a few days (weeks), you have adapted. That's how it is here, and like Julie said...I love this "edit" button because you can correct mistakes like "shoot" with "schucks." :yahoo:

jtsmall
03-04-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm pretty disgusted with the banning of Jim and Ben ...

Hello Theresa. You're also famous ... I think you earned a 2 or 3 day ban about the same time, right?

:shock:

-jts

jtfrazer
03-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Hi Theresa,

I was mainly a lurker over at DPReview, but I sure enjoyed seeing your pictures. Welcome to this group. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Jim

Theresa K
03-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Hello Theresa. You're also famous ... I think you earned a 2 or 3 day ban about the same time, right?

:shock:

-jts
Nope, not this time. I was banned a long time ago for a short period, never got an explanation but I knew it was due to an arguement I got into with a troll. Silly me. Then I got a second banning when the software misfired, a whole bunch of peoplet it was fixed within hours.

jtsmall
03-08-2006, 04:05 AM
... well, it seemed you were silent during the flurry of banning and I thought I read somewhere that you had been banned about this time too. So, my apologies and please send the purple heart back when it arrives!

:doh:

-jts

Bill Gordon
03-08-2006, 06:37 AM
Now that we are all happy over here let's all of us forget completely about "the other place" and lets deal with photography!! I have a question for those of you that have the SHLD-2. Does it feel much heavier than without? I have been seriously thinking of adding it to my collection and I know that it is probably more stabilizing but I am concerned with my old age, the weight of the thing.

I would appreciate all thoughts on this subject.

Theresa K
03-08-2006, 06:31 PM
this one has gotten long in the tooth and you won't have people who know looking at it.

TrapperJohn
03-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Nope, not this time. I was banned a long time ago for a short period, never got an explanation but I knew it was due to an arguement I got into with a troll. Silly me. Then I got a second banning when the software misfired, a whole bunch of peoplet it was fixed within hours.

Hey, Theresa!

Wow, banned twice! I'm impressed... I just can't get into it with trolls. You can argue with them... you can argue with a brick wall too, for all the good it does.

Hey, when are you going to pick up one of those dirt cheap E1's? You won't regret it... just love mine...

--John

Garry Frankel
03-09-2006, 01:55 PM
It is good to be over here. Perhaps this is safe place to ask if hubby is doing OK ?? I almost died when I last tried to ask at that other place. I hope this is a more human and civilized place.

Please accept my appology for the nasty and uncalled for remark that "person" made.

larryo
03-09-2006, 03:02 PM
:pavel:

A picture is worth a thousand words!

benherrmann
03-09-2006, 04:14 PM
I really got a kick out of that :yahoo:

Doug Palmer
03-09-2006, 05:36 PM
:pavel:

A picture is worth a thousand words!

Which one is Ben and which is the troll ;)

Regards
Doug

benherrmann
03-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Which one is me? :ranting:

ditto1958
03-11-2006, 06:44 AM
Y'all are weird!