PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Napa,Calif.

kanji
02-24-2006, 11:32 PM
I joined about a month ago in order to buy a lens from one of the members here on the "ForSale" forum. I am a strictly amateur photog and just enjoy taking pictures and viewing photos taken by others to aquire more knowledge of my hobby. I have had several different Olympus cameras and have never mastered any of them. I live in Napa Ca. and most of the pics that I take are from the valley and from around the Bay Area in general. I like to learn about the cameras and techniques of taking photos and don't take things too seriously,but instead try to enjoy everything about the art of photgraphy.

benherrmann
02-25-2006, 07:47 AM
Wow, this is getting really strange - when you see most of the gang from over at dpreview, posting here. This site will take a few days (or a week) to become accustomed to, if only because it looks different. Once you've adjusted, however, like anything else you will get used to it. I think that folks sometimes steer away from anything new because of the familarity of things they've done in the past. Force yourself to come here daily - even if only to read, and in this way the format will grow on you really quick.

AnnF
03-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey Kanji,

I didn't see this. Didn't realize you were in Nape till just the other day. I'm in Vacaville. I have friends over there and get over to Napa every once in awhile.

Ann

JRM60
03-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Welcome Kanji-

Nice to see another nearby Oly shooter. Looking forward to some photos from that beautiful Napa Valley.

Pontiac005
03-20-2006, 05:45 AM
Welcome welcome. :yes:

kanji
03-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks everyone,small world,lots of people from the bay area on the forum. I lived in Vacaville at one time,Ann. Yes, you all should come to the valley,as the mustard plants are coming out now. It is a very colorful time and makes for some nice scenics.

AnnF
03-21-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi Kanji,

I just spent last night and today in Napa helping a friend. I didn't have my cameras with me, but it's just as well because of all the rain.:( I'll be back up there again soon, though.

Ann

Ian MacDonald
03-21-2006, 02:11 AM
Hi Kanji,

Another welcome from another Bay Area resident. I hope you enjoy the forum with all the friendly folks. We'll all looking forward to your contributions.

Cheers,

-- Ian

AnnF
03-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Didn't think I would be back in Napa again so soon.:) Am here now since yesterday helping a friend with flooring. Will probably go back to Vv sometime tonight.

Ann