PDA

View Full Version : Hi I just moved

Echo
02-25-2006, 12:42 AM
I began reading dpreview in 2001, and over the years have contributed to that huge web site hit number, which no doubt provided them with higher advertising dollars. Recently, the competitive paranoia that site has in my mind broke all spirits of the Internet even if the site was in the right.

george_online
02-25-2006, 12:58 AM
Hi,
I did the same earlier today (even I was member formally here from last year). You will see many more familiar names from DPR.
Regards, George

Echo
02-25-2006, 02:38 AM
Hopefully, many of the regulars will stay here, so there won't be a need to return to DPR to read their views.

george_online
02-25-2006, 02:42 AM
Hope so :)

Pavel
02-25-2006, 04:35 AM
I haven't been to dpreview since they banned me after something like my fourth post for mentioning another site ... and so haven't been aware of what is going on there. Wow, is all I can say. I used to think the place was not the best (to put it kindly) but it must have really gone taken a turn. The numbers of people that have come from there after such a long time that we have been in operation here - in such impressive numbers all of a sudden - tells all.

I dare say that it's probably the principled ones too - and that's great. Welcome here echo! :)

benherrmann
02-25-2006, 05:47 AM
and I believe they will. Okay, so they post in other locations - no big deal, but there can be no better evidence of having established a "family" environment then when posters from all over the globe descend to one location to discuss common areas (Oly cameras). I do have to suggest that in order to adjust to this place (and format), it is best to at least come over each day - if only to read. This way you will adjust and familarize yourself with the format and the next thing you know, you will be hooked. And having this wonderful "edit" button and being able to format you postings - is the best. Well, what more can you ask for. Now if only this forum software will key in on me and whenever I feel the urge to type in the word "shoot," it will automatically replace it with "shucks" or something like that. :naughty: