PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Michigan

stickphoto
02-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Hi
I'm married and have two children ages 16 and 11.
Just switched to Olympus in December (sold my canon dslr).
I bought the E500 with the two lens kit still trying to figure everything out. Like the colors and sharpness of the pictures using the E500.
My wife has kinda banned me from camera stores and Radio Shack.
Always seem to come home with a new toy. I live by the west side of the state about 30 minites from Lake Michigan.

AnnF
02-25-2006, 10:01 AM
Welcome. Well, maybe after she sees the wonderful work you could do, your wife might change her mind.:)

My parents and other relatives are from Michigan.

Ann

benherrmann
02-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Your situation sounds kind of like mine. But then I have no vices...I don't smoke, I don't drink, and I don't screw around. Been married for 27 years and make a gourmet breakfast each morning. I love doing yardwork and helping around the house. In the process however, I do have the hobby of photography which keeps me busy in that regard (forums, gear, taking photos, etc.).

So since the "Misses" just doesn't understand that cameras cost more than the $89.95 you find at WalMart, I am forced to tell her that the E-1 which I got two years ago, was the result of a WalMart sale in which I paid $125. Hey, it worked...sad to say. Although I think she is smarter than I am letting on here. She's a sharp cookie and I think she just roles her eyeballs and lets me believe I've pulled the wool over her eyes. Here's a photo of she and I together this past Christmas (I look like a dorque in this photo).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/benherrmann/Olympus%20SP-350%20Images/BenandJaneathome.jpg