PDA

View Full Version : I've been around the block

Bill_Turner
02-25-2006, 03:29 PM
a time or two.
While I haven't abandoned the "other" site, I like the temperature here a lot.
I've been an Olympus user since June, 2002. As some of you know, I'm an ardent E-10 fan.
Last week I had an opportunity to get an E-300 2 lens kit for less than I paid for my first LIPO. That was hard to pass up. I added the HLD-3 to the package and UPS delivered as promised, as usual!
So, now I feel that it's OK to join this Forum as I now really do own a FourThirds camera.
I've been attempting to make photographs for well over 40 years. I've used nearly every format available except large format. Been through Canons, Nikons, Bronica, Kowa, Minolta, ad nauseum.
After using a Sony Digicam at my workplace in 2001, I got hooked. I, at that time had a very nice Canon system that met all my needs. I explored the Canon options and soon relaized that the "upgrade" to the D30 would have been a bit of a downgrade fr me. I was, however, impressed with what Olympus had to offer with their "built from the ground up" technology and finally bought my first E-10.
About a year later I was able to negotiate a trade of my Canon gear for a "back-up" E-10. I'm not too sure who got the better deal but we're both happy and we still can communicate so it worked out well for both of us.
My current "stuff" is:
E-10 (2)
FL-40 (2)
LIPO (2) [but only 1 charger]
B-12LPB (3) (ouch!)
FL-CB05 (2)
WCON 08B
MCON
TCON 14B (2)
TCON 300B
E-300
14-45
40-150
HLD-3
Stroboframes (2)
LightSphere II
LightSphere PJ
Stofen OmniBounce
LumiQuest Softbox Pro
Sunpak 383
Pelican 1550 (I need another)
Slik Tripod (old, and don't recall the model # but it works)
Manfrotto Monopod with T/S head (don't recall the model # but it, too, works)
Software:
Everything you can think of for Windows XP PC.

Ted C.
02-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Good to see you here with your new E-300. I'm sure I'll enjoy your photos and input concerning your adventure into 4/3's land!

llpoolej
02-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Great to have ya Bill! No reason you can't be a member of as many forums as you want.

I have to say I was amazed when I saw you had purchased an E-300. I bet you have fun with it

george_online
02-26-2006, 01:17 AM
HI Bill,
I am glad to see you here.
Regards, George

Reiska
02-26-2006, 08:47 AM
I don't know you exept the familiar name :). I'm pleased to see you here because it feels cozy and warm when I know that there are positive people around. I wish you all the best, because you certainly are worthy of it.
My experience about dpr forum is twofold as you also know.

Regards

Reijo Lauro

James Pilcher
02-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Welcome Bill,

I'm a sometimes visitor to Florida. I have a place in Bonita Springs that I visit several times per year.

Your E-300 is a great camera by all accounts. I use an E-1 and can't imagine giving it up for any of the current 4/3 bodies. I'm awaiting the E-3 as many here are, but I'm not holding my breath or, conversely, panting with expectation. The E-1 is that good.

I think your E-10 is destined for the display shelf. Once you find out what 4/3 can do, you will be irreversibly hooked.

Again, welcome to FTP.