PDA

View Full Version : I've made the switch

ardklg
02-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Another transplant from dpreview...

This morning was the last straw, when Phil started deleting URLs pointing to breaking info about the Panasonic DSLR - my guess is because they pointed to a "competing" review site.

Anyhow, I've recently returned to the hobby of photography after a 20+ year hiatus - I was a photographer for the high school yearbook and paper, and while still in high school took some college-level photography courses. But after high school, when the endless supply of free Plus-X and Tri-X film was no longer available (nor was free access to darkroom facilities and supplies), and I got busy with college classes, I wandered away.

Back in 2000 I got my first digital camera - a C-3000 - and I loved it. But I was a snapshot shooter. Last spring I decided to get back back into more creative photography. I had picked up a C-8080 a few months earlier, but hadn't utilized its potential at all. I haven't been as disciplined about picture taking as I told myself I would be last spring, but I'm working on it.

In late fall I picked up the E-500 2-lens kit after lurking on dpreview for a few months, and because of all the bad influence there I've since ended up snagging an E-1 + 14-54mm at fire sale prices, as well as an E-300 because they are going for such a ridiculous price on the Cameta auctions.

I hope to continue to learn the craft from all the fine folks here.

Kyle

benherrmann
02-26-2006, 06:57 AM
After you adjust to this site, you will enjoy it very much. Although the layout is different, you will quickly notice that your options are much more varied here. Like the edit function which allows you to correct your posts long after you've made (longggggg), and of course the Microsoft Works-like formatting options. This place is great and you will see around 100 or so folks that have come over here from dpreview (just recently) - all the familiar faces. That other site has become...well, not only negative, but the atmosphere has taken a nosedive big time.

So force yourself to come here and within a few days, you'll park your butt here...what a difference this place is.

So great seeing you here...