PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Clearwater

javafool
02-26-2006, 04:09 PM
I came over from the other place, mostly just read the posts over there and when they drifted to wherever, so did I. Been a member of candlepowerforums for several years and the format over there is identical to 4/3rd's. I like format a lot.

I have been taking photos since the 1960's and it has been a pasion for a long time. What a wonderful form of expression, to be able to show a whole story without typing or saying a word. I began shooting slides because I couldn't afford prints back then. Digital has taken that way farther, what a wonderful thing for the beginners now days that must photograph on a shoestring.

I probably won't post a lot, but that has nothing to do with my interest of the hobby or the people here. I usually just don't post a lot. So hello, and I am glad to have the opportunity to join the group.

Terry

benherrmann
02-26-2006, 05:22 PM
At first it's natural to think, "hmnnnn, just another forum," and then wonder why it looks different than dpreview. But that's because this place is so pleasantly different. Perhaps the biggest surprise is that you have tons of options on how you want to view this site - let alone the ability to format your postings (like Microsoft Works). And "editing" your posts long after you've made them...well, this place just grows on you. This place has the feel (ambience-wise) of the way the dpreview oly forums were 4 - 5 years ago - that is helpful, friendly, and a neat place to come.

So give it some time - making it a point to understand this site...then force yourself to post some. The bottom line is that you will find this place refreshingly different.

Again, welcome aboard.