PDA

View Full Version : Another Noob from NoVA

Chuckr53
02-26-2006, 07:06 PM
I've been a lurker here for awhile, and decided to join up when all the ruckus started up in DPR this past week. I'm thinking we're better off in a little less cosmopolitan (C&N dominated) site. Looking forward to some good posts!

:D

benherrmann
02-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Welcome aboard mannnnn. Got your message and Semper Fi back at ya. You'll like it here 'cause the water is nice and warm.

Bill Gordon
02-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Ben, a question....why have you so many Oly models......just curious!!

benherrmann
02-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Ben, a question....why have you so many Oly models......just curious!!

Real simple - because I am a sick, sick puppy! Perhaps that stems back from my days in the Marines. I always made it a habit of not going into the field (or in combat scenarios) without tons of gear to offset any situation. When I go into the field now (meaning everywhere a camera can go), I often take a DSLR and a digicam as a backup. In addition, I've learned that all camera models have distinct positives and negatives. Some cameras may be great in scenic situations, while others may be best for shooting portraits. Perhaps that's it...or it may also mean that I'm a guy and we like our toys (c'mon, admit it...). But yes, I do use them all for photography, although I may eventually be selling some (have to make way to the new Panny and Oly stuff y'know). haaaaaaaaaa:yahoo:

plg3
02-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Chuckr53 -

Welcome. We've just about got enought for a four-some at some local NoVA links - you, Manassas Paul, and myself. As you've already seen, it's a nice crowd over here.