PDA

View Full Version : Hello 4/3 photo forum

Carloskbco
02-28-2006, 11:33 AM
I am a "deportee" from DPR...see a lot of faces I recognize, read some threads and this place looks like will be an enjoyable experience.
Thanks,

Carlos

gunnerx
02-28-2006, 11:36 AM
Welcome fellow Ghetto Cam owner! :D You will definitely enjoy your stay here. Relax, put your feet up and enjoy!

Carloskbco
02-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Nice to see ya, gunnerx!
:)

I'll do just that...enjoy this joint

Thanks for the welcoming words!

Carlos

benherrmann
02-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Naaaaaaa, no way mannn. Great to see you over here and hopefully you'll post some nice Oly pics of that lovely daughter of yours. So many have come over here now - with some posting just exclusively here now, while others still post at both places.

Like anything else, it takes a few tries to get accustomed to this site. After all, it does "appear" different. But I can tell you that if you make it a point of coming over here daily...even if only to read, you will adjust rather quickly. And all of the editing and formatting options make this place really, really nice.

But the best thing about this place is the lack of trolls or people who flame (well, at least so far). So welcome...

Carloskbco
02-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks for your comments Ben!

I'm slowly figuring out this "place", like you said it's just a matter of getting used to...

Thanks again

Carlos

llpoolej
02-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Good to see you Carlos!! Looking forward to many more photos of your daughters!

Carloskbco
02-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks for your welcoming words llpoolej....
I'm also enjoying the pics your daughter has taken, really nice, I showed them to my daughter and she wants to use my wife's p&s Sony...so don't be surprised to see my daughter's pics here...
Like Doug and Bill have said, I also like the "temperature" of this forum

:D

Carlos

george_online
02-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi Carlos
from George

Carloskbco
02-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Hello George!

Nice to find you here, it looks like I'll be hanging around here.

Take care

Carlos

James Pilcher
02-28-2006, 09:56 PM
I am a "deportee" from DPR...see a lot of faces I recognize, read some threads and this place looks like will be an enjoyable experience.
Thanks,

Carlos

...it's not contentious like that other forum. Boring really. Too easy to believe that 4/3 is really something special instead of fending off naysayers. Nobody posts nasty comments. What's the point? Yawn.

:D :D :D :D

Welcome!

Carloskbco
02-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Hi Jim!
Thanks for the welcome message, like I said earlier, this forum feels just right as far as "temperature" goes...I think I'm going to like it.
Btw, I looked all over my house and I found some "goodies", one of them being the MINOLTA Auto Meter II, it works ! The 6V battery was dead, so I bought one and changed it...
I'm gonna try it tomorrow with sunlight, because with this lamps, the needles don't move, even set to 6400 ASA...

Take care

Carlos

finemom
02-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Hi Carlos,
Welcome to ftp and two questions. Are you going to post pics here and at dpr or just here? Secondly, have you had any birds at your feeder. We have had snow and today there was a squirrel getting seed or something right under the feeder. I got some squirrel pics but no birds, yet. :)

Carloskbco
02-28-2006, 10:51 PM
Are you Shirley?

Well, I haven't had any luck with the bird feeder...my daughter tells me that we should move to another tree, but I have it where it is because that tree is closer,so I can take a shot with the 40-150mm lens, otherwise I doubt those little birds would be visible in the shot...

I am not sure, but I may end up posting pics in both forums...I will specially post in the critique section of this forum...everything looks so laid back here...

Thanks for your comments

Carlos

finemom
03-01-2006, 10:19 AM
No I'm Sandie but we both do birds, well she does birds, I'm just learning. Today there was some kind of bird at my feeder. I have it about 15-20 feet from my window,and I'll tell you those birds are small. And they move fast. It's going to take me a lot of practice. In my feeder instructions they mentioned it could take 2 weeks for the birds to find the feeder. Now I will need to get bird books to identify the birds. :doh:

Carloskbco
03-01-2006, 10:38 AM
:hysterical:

Well then...I just have to keep an eye for those birds, and be ready with the camera...high ISO=fast shutter speeds

Carlos

finemom
03-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Carlos,
I got some shots today. A squirrel had climbed on the squirrel proof feeder and was eating and tipping and dumping seed onto the ground. I literally wondered if the squirrel could eat himself to death. I got lots of practice shots with many different settings. I even opened the sliding door very quietly and took some shots. I think you might want to get your little one a cheap P&S camera so she can start taking some photos of the birds. Maybe she would only use it when you are taking photos. Just a thought.:camera:
Sandie

Carloskbco
03-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Sounds like an escellent idea...

She has started to use my wife's 5MP Sony...it has a 3x zoom...perhaps she can do that..

Thanks Sandie
Carlos