PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Clanton, Alabama

Bonanno
03-01-2006, 03:35 PM
Hi folks,

I'm relatively new to dslr's and have been on dpr for several months. Thought I'd check out this place.

I recently purchased an E-1 after 20 years absence from clicking the shutter on a Contax film SLR that slipped through the cracks several moves ago. I recently rediscovered my dad's OM-2n. I didn't want to do film, so here I am.

I decided on the E-1 because the camera seemed indestructible, the controls seemed familiar, and I wanted to learn photography -- I hope not being able to fall back on scene modes will push me in that direction.

Hope to meet and learn from all a y'all!

benherrmann
03-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Welcome aboard. So many of the dpreview types have landed here - some posting at both locations, while others have found a home here because of the laid back atmosphere and friendliness. The more you check in here and become accustomed to the place, the better it feels. At first it will seem different - which it is - but that difference translates into many superior aspects such as formatting and editing options, no trolls, you know who your moderators are, and...it's just a friendly place.

Bonanno
03-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the Welcome Ben,

and I even get an email alerting me to a thread respone! How cool is that.:up: