PDA

View Full Version : Forgot to introduce myself!

jeremy
03-02-2006, 05:30 AM
Hi,

I've joined FourThirds on the advice of Bill Gordon who recently switched here from DPReview.

I'm here under false pretences because I don't own a 4/3 camera. But I've used an E10 since the first batch arrived in the UK, and am now looking to upgrade. I always assumed I'd get an E1, but I know I'd miss the E10's built-in flash and tilting screen. The E330 looks as though it may be just what I'm looking for, but I think I'd buy the body alone and add a 14-54 lens to it for a start.

I use my camera for just about everything: archaeological recording (from sites to coins); journalistic coverage of various activities and events; family snapshots; publicity photos for drama groups; fine art shots... A lot of it is commissioned work, but I am careful not to call myself a "professional" photographer, as I have no training or professional affiliation.

A lot of my photos end up on my clients' web sites which I design and manage.

If you want to know more, please see my profesional site at
http://www.oliomedia.co.uk

My photo galleries are at http://www.olioweb.me.uk/photos

I have already found this group really useful in sorting out my upgrade thoughts. Thanks.

Jeremy

Bill Gordon
03-02-2006, 06:25 AM
Welcome aboard Jeremy......I still like the E-1!!! However, the E-330 looks very interesting. I am sure that it would serve you well.

Cheers

Judd Kiteley
03-02-2006, 06:39 AM
Jeremy, welcome.
I just went from my E-10 to an E-1 this week. Not real experienced with it yet obviously but I have touched on enough function to say that the glowing reports are not overstated.
In the next few weeks we will see more reports of real life experience with the E-330 and I expect it will do a good job for you as well.

llpoolej
03-02-2006, 06:52 AM
Welcome aboard! I would venture to say that you will be overjoyed with an E-330 and for what you do, it may be the perfect answer.

Hope you enjoy the boards :yes: