PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Toronto, Ontario

robk
03-02-2006, 05:35 PM
My name is Rob and I have been a long-time lurker over at DP Review but never found the time to actually join as a forum member. With all the recent happenings over there, I felt now was the time to join a forum and decided to start with this one (it's scary but I feel like I already know many of you already).

I look forward to continuing to learn from all of you as I have for over the last year -- it was because of many of you and the work you have produced that convinced me to purchase an Olympus DSLR.

I am only an amateur/ethusiast photographer and shoot for my own enjoyment and stress release (it costs about the same as a therapist).

Perhaps one day I will even get the nerve to post some of my own pics.

Looking forward to the great conversation and continued learning.

Rob

ProAcFan
03-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Welcome Rob....nice to see another Golden Horseshoe resident here on the board. :D

Mike

benherrmann
03-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Y'know - it's funny in that many of us "regular" posters get to know so many of our fellow posters and that's where the bonds begin (and this camaraderie, if you will, carries over to other forums). But what's interesting (and something we really never think about) is the fact that countless lurkers reside in the background - never posting, but developing an attachment, if you will with those that do. So let me officially congratulate you as a "veteran" lurker who now will make his presence known. This place is so different and once you're accustomed it, you will love it here.

Okay, small talk is over with...let's see some pictures and postings...:)

robk
03-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome and don't worry, I'm sure before long I'll post some pics.

Judd Kiteley
03-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Rob welcome
I too was a many year mainly lurker over there. I posted only a handful of times.
Here you will feel less intimidated and more welcome to post.
Give it a try and you will find people here are very kind.
C'mon show us a picture. There are two sections for pictures. If you don't want it critiqued just share it with everyone in the Photo section.

Pavel
03-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Hey, welcome to the club! :)

robk
03-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Ben & Judd -- you convinced me. I just threw one up very quickly under the photo's section.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Rob

gunnerx
03-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Welcome to the forums! Nice to see quite a large population of Oly owners in Ontario. :)

Bill Gordon
03-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Welcome from a Torontonian and enjoy the friendly atmosphere.