PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Vancouver BC

phall715
03-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Hi there,

I've been lurking for a while and thought I'd join in. You folks sound like a civil bunch and I'm hoping to share and get some some useful criticisms once in a while.

I'm not a new E-owner: I've had my E-1 since June '04. It's great. It reminds of my much-missed Pentax LX from twenty-odd years ago. I also occasionally shoot medium format through an old RB67 and B&W film in a compact rangefinder but when I'm shooting for club-challenges or submissions to galleries, it's usually he E-1 that gets the job done.

Anyway, I look forward to lots of interesting dicussions and, if I may be so bold, feel free to peruse my photos at www.philiphall.ca/photography (http://www.philiphall.ca/photography). Most were taken with the E-1 & DZ lenses.

Cheers,
Phil.

DLeitzsey
03-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Hi Philip! Welcome!

I really like your street photography gallery. Vancouver looks to be a great place to photograph! The E1 seems to have such a nice dynamic range to it.

I, too, used to enjoy using Pentax. I had an ME SE that was sooo compact with such a nice solid feel to it. I still have a 645. Not autofocus. Pentax made such nice manual focus lenses. I also have a 'compact' Konica Auto S2 that can take great pictures. But, like you, I mostly use my Olympus now.

Yes, this is such a civil forum. I think we need to start some arguments!:eek:

David

gunnerx
03-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Welcome! Vancouver is a place I would like to visit one day. I've seen lots of pics and it looks quite nice.

phall715
03-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi Philip! Welcome!

I really like your street photography gallery.... Thanks, that's kind of you.

(snipped...)

I also have a 'compact' Konica Auto S2 that can take great pictures. But, like you, I mostly use my Olympus now. No kidding! I've also got a Konica Auto S2! Yes, that's my current B&W street camera. I wonder how many S2's there are out there?

Cheers,
Phil.

phall715
03-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Welcome! Vancouver is a place I would like to visit one day. I've seen lots of pics and it looks quite nice.

Hi gunnerx,

I certainly like it here but I've lived here all my life so I don't have much perspective. I know that the rain is really hard on people who come from drier parts of the world. It rained everyday this past January. Lots of people complained....

Cheers,
Phil.

ProAcFan
03-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Hi gunnerx,

I certainly like it here but I've lived here all my life so I don't have much perspective. I know that the rain is really hard on people who come from drier parts of the world. It rained everyday this past January. Lots of people complained....

Cheers,
Phil.

Now THATS funny. Tell the whiners to come shovel a driveway in -25C windchill sometime and see how quick they beg for rain. Oh and welcome aboard Phil.

Mike

phall715
03-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Now THATS funny. Tell the whiners to come shovel a driveway in -25C windchill sometime and see how quick they beg for rain. Oh and welcome aboard Phil.

Mike

But you know, Mike, what's curious about this is that some of the people I know who couldn't stand the rain were from places like Lethbridge, Alberta & Winyard, Sask. It's not the cold and snow that bugs them, as far as I can tell, it's the week long grey skies; no sun for days on end. This doesn't really bother me but I know it can drive prairie folk crazy. I don't know much about Winyard but I know that Lethbridge is a very sunny place, even when it's freezing.

But, your point is well taken, nonetheless. I'll take overflowing evestroughs to snowed in driveways, anytime.

Cheers,
Phil.

Lorne Miller
03-10-2006, 05:07 PM
...welcome Phil, and greetings from across the straits in Victoria...

cheers,

Lorne Miller

JRM60
03-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi Phil and Welcome - Enjoyed your galleries, my pop was raised in Vancouver and I used to visit a lot as a youngster. One of my favorite places to visit still today. Looking forward to your participation!