PDA

View Full Version : Aloha everyone

lonewolf
03-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Aloha everyone, I think I put the cart before the horse on this forum.:doh: I should have introduced myself from the start of my being a member here. First of all I would like to say that Four Thirds Photo has the most friendly forum i've seen so far. What a great place to share photos and to learn from one another. I live in Hawaii and was born here and started to take an interest in photography in the early 90's. All I had was a RCA digital camera from Radio Shack and believe it or not it still works. I gave it to a friend who gave to his daughter. My first Oly camera was a Uz-2100 which also still works and still own. Since then I have owned other Oly cameras and now I'm using only DSLRS.:blah: Anyway not to bore anybody, Aloooooooha! Bryan.

DLeitzsey
03-03-2006, 05:58 AM
I'm sure you were here before me, but I'll do the honors anyway...

Welcome!:)

I expect to see lots of pictures from Hawaii. I love the tropics!

David

James Pilcher
03-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Aloha everyone, I think I put the cart before the horse on this forum.:doh: I should have introduced myself from the start of my being a member here. First of all I would like to say that Four Thirds Photo has the most friendly forum i've seen so far. What a great place to share photos and to learn from one another. I live in Hawaii and was born here and started to take an interest in photography in the early 90's. All I had was a RCA digital camera from Radio Shack and believe it or not it still works. I gave it to a friend who gave to his daughter. My first Oly camera was a Uz-2100 which also still works and still own. Since then I have owned other Oly cameras and now I'm using only DSLRS.:blah: Anyway not to bore anybody, Aloooooooha! Bryan.

Who are you trying to fool? Lonewolf? A tiger avatar? Hawaii? None of it fits together. I think Tony put you here to spy on us. You know, no C/N discussions and such.

Or you might well be Bryan. :D It's hard to tell from here in Colorado. I'm not wearing my reading glasses right now anyway.

All seriousness aside, welcome to the most friendly forum on the planet earth. Of course, that's true only as long as you ignore people like me. :nerd: Now, gotta have another Jameson. :yahoo:TGIF!!!

lonewolf
03-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks David for the welcome and yes I will post pictures from Hawaii from time to time. I'll pick one out and post it the photo forum maybe tonight. It's so nice to be on a forum with friendly and helpful people.

Jim, thank you also for the welcome and the humor as well. Bad day at work so a little humor was great. Thanks.

Hope you all have a great weekend.:)

AnnF
03-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Aloha Bryan,

I used to live in Hawaii. My 3 daughters were raised there. My youngest was born at Castle hospital in Kailua. We lived in Kahaluu, Temple Valley. Had a nice view of the cemetary from the back lanai.:) My youngest daughter is going back there to visit with her husband in a few months.

Ann

lonewolf
03-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi Ann,
Mahalo for the reply. My brother lives in Waihe'e valley, not to far from where you were living. That side of the island has been getting some very heavy rain this past week to the point where it was declared a disaster area.:eek: Even the Pali Hwy was shut down for a while because of flooding. I live in Kapahulu near Waikiki and we didn't get much rain here.
Aloha, Bryan.

AnnF
03-04-2006, 11:31 PM
You're welcome.
Wow, that's too bad! I don't remember when it rained so much. I have a friend in the Waikane area. She's right on the beach where that long pier is (they filmed the last episode of Jake & The Fatman there).

I left right before they opened the H1. Never got to see it.:(
I'm in CA now.

Ann

Pontiac005
03-06-2006, 04:36 AM
Welcome! I have always wanted to visit there. One day I will take some time off and do so. I hope to view some of your photos from Hawaii to get me pumped!

lonewolf
03-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Thanks Marcus, hope you make here one day. If you can, plan to visit several islands during your stay. The island of Oahu has many nice places to see but the other islands are somewhat less crowded offer more to see. Kauai is my favorite island to visit here. The north side of the island has many stunning beaches and scenery but if you go there (the north side of the island or any of the islands) in the winter months, be very careful. Thats when we get our big surf and even locales here drown on occasions.
Aloha, Bryan.