PDA

View Full Version : Amateur from Yorkshire

Pensioner
03-03-2006, 02:11 PM
I joined this group a few days ago. I have lurked elsewhere, in my old age I prefer a quieter existence and this seems to be the norm here. I am retired and live with my wife in rural Yorkshire. We are both London born, East meets West from the capital city.

I still cycle, but more of a fine weather man lately. There is no chance of me going out this weekend on the bike as there is currently 3-4" of snow laying outside. I also belong to a Mac user group.

Sorry no Website, but being on here might just get me to sort something out.

Peter

E1 14-54 50-200

Luke
03-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Welcome aboard Peter. I am sure you found the right place to be.
Hope to see some of your pictures soon.
Luc

Pensioner
03-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi Luc

Thanks for the welcome message.

Peter

Bill Gordon
03-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Welcome to the gang!! Yorkshire is a nice place to call home as I have visited that part of England and it is a destination that I would like to return to having stayed in Skipton and York travelling north across north England and then back to London. I live in Canada but my heart is in the UK!

Pensioner
03-04-2006, 03:33 AM
Hi Bill

Thanks for the welcome. I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Yorkshire. We live a few miles outside of the city of York.

My family still live down South, we went to visit recently and we cannot wait to get back up here. You do not realise how lucky you are until you are away from home. We can walk out of the end of our road and be in open countryside.

Peter

benherrmann
03-04-2006, 07:09 AM
And this from an ole' world traveler myself. Only passed through the UK once (gosh, I still call it Great Britain...how times change), but my memories have me dreaming that one day I will tour that lovely place - specifically the more northern parts.

Like a small town that is steadily growing (without the growing pains), this site will be much to your liking. It is definitely different (and IMO, far superior in many ways) than perhaps some of the sites that are out there.

Good seeing you...

Pensioner
03-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Hi Ben

Nice to receive your welcoming mail. I got a grin out of your mention of Gt Britain. Unfortunately note a term you hear mentoned now, more's the pity.

I agree with your description of this page. I take my hat off to you with that beautiful picture of the Rockies you posted, when I can achieve that quality I shall be well pleased with life.

Peter

Pensioner
03-05-2006, 06:18 AM
Apologies to E.B for crediting Ben Herman with your shot of Banff. One of the delights of getting older.

Peter

Pontiac005
03-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Hello and welcome. I hope you feel at home here and one day you put up a website for us to view your work. Take care and have fun!:)

Pensioner
03-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Hi Marcus thanks for welcome mail. I have had a quick look at your site & enjoyed your pictures.

Peter