PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be here

SueMc
03-05-2006, 09:27 AM
I had to follow the smart people to this site. I've learned so much from the folks at DP but recently have had a hard time digging through the posts there. I have always loved taking pictures but they have always just been special to me and my family. Since obtaining the e500 and an assortment of lenses I have become keenly aware of my lack of knowledge and skill and am working towards improvement. I have a Smugmug account but have never listed the link because so far the pics are more for family spread from FL to CA. It's a great way for the family to see what's going on but painfully boring for anyone else.
Personally, I live in IL, I am an Anesthetist, mom, grandmom, love my horses, and especially love traveling the country on my motorcycle (with or without my husband).
I am especially grateful for so many people willing to share their knowledge and opinions.
Sue

benherrmann
03-05-2006, 09:54 AM
You are right in that so many of us (mainly the long time contributors) now come over here - some exclusively, while others post at both places. Now mind you, it will take you several days to get accustomed to this site. It is different and let's face it, we all get used to a simple layout really quickly. But believe me when I tell you to stick it out over here...learn the layout. In fact, you can go into your own CP "Edit" options and choose the way you want to see this site. I have mine set to "Hybrid" and allow my page to show at least 40 postings per page. And remember....this is a biggie...you have two functions completely missing from dpreview. It is the "edit" button in which you can correct stuff you wrote (or add stuff) long after you made the original posting. And you can format stuff like a small word processor - adding smiley types of icons (which helps the readers to understand the intended meaning of a post a little better).

Plus, you will see many faces over here. I will now tend to post primarily here, although I will occasionally post "something" over at dpreview.

Anyway, welcome...and remember, don't let the initial layout fool you (or dissuade you). You will soon get accustomed to this place...the civility...the humor...the info being passed, and then you will be hooked.

SueMc
03-05-2006, 10:37 AM
...for the welcome. I haven't roamed around here much yet, but really like what I've seen so far.

Pontiac005
03-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Welcome Sue. I too have migrated over from DP and I am feeling at home here. Its too crowded over there and they have their share of undesirables. I don't even go over there anymore. Simple is good, friendly people is wonderful!:)

Hokuto
03-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Personally, I live in IL, I am an Anesthetist, mom, grandmom, love my horses, and especially love traveling the country on my motorcycle .

Welcome, Sue! I was an anesthesiology corpsman for a little over a year at Naval Hospital San Diego (Balboa) back ca 1970. Hope to see your photos online here.

SueMc
03-06-2006, 03:09 PM
I've had a chance to look around here a little more and it certainly looks like a great site to visit.