PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Blackpool

grahamo
03-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Hi everybody,

As you can probably guess my names Graham from Blackpool in the UK.
I have posted a few times over at Dp but spent a lot more time lurking.
This place seems far nicer and easier to use, and I recognise many names here. Been interested in photography for the past 25 years but I have now taken it up full time by enrolling on a national diploma course here at Blackpool and the Fylde college, shooting mainly B/W film for the course but I use an E-1 for all my personal work.
I just hope that I can survive the next two years with hardly any income, but i'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

Cheers,

Graham.

Bojan Volcansek
03-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Welcome! I wish you that you enjoy it here, learn a lot.
What a courage you have to change your career, I wish you all the best!

Yours Bojan

ps. Blackpool? Where the most famous dancing competition in the world takes place every year?

grahamo
03-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome Bojan, world famous dancing, do you mean "Come Dancing" I didn't know it was world famous.

benherrmann
03-06-2006, 04:07 PM
First of all - welcome! Secondly, you're among friends who share a common bond. But most of all, this place is like extended family with an ambience that is often missing at many sites. It will take you a short time to adjust to the format and layout and once you've gotten used to it...well, you will be hooked.

And don't worry about the income, it will eventually happen. Remember, most of us have at one time or another gone through periods like that. But in the end, they will work out. Keep your head high and put a smile on your face as that will break through all of the icy spells that you'll ever come across! :yes:

Bojan Volcansek
03-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome Bojan, world famous dancing, do you mean "Come Dancing" I didn't know it was world famous.
Huh "Come Dancing"? that I don't know.
what I meant is World Famous Blackpool BALLROOM dancing competition, the most prestigious ballroom dancing competition in the world.

Yours Bojan