PDA

View Full Version : Hello from N.E. Philadelphia, PA

KLight
03-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Hi ! again .
My name is Kenneth Lightcap. I bought my Evolt E-300 along with some other important stuff in late June. I haven't been outside (Except to the doctors) since July due to some new physical limatations. So in Spring I hope to be outside:blah:
Well I'll be talkin at you all later.
Ken Lightcap

benherrmann
03-06-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm from Philly (the Lawndale Section), but left in '67 to join the Marines. I live in North Carolina now, but annually travel up there to visit family and get my fix on steaks and hoagies. My home (original home) is located near Martins Mill Road (as you approach Cheltenham) - off of Rising Sun ave. Wow...a small world it is.

Anyway, you'll love this forum once you get accustomed to the layout. I always tell people this because some don't have the patience to make the adjustments to anything even remotely different to dpreview - which is really a shame because they won't know what they're missing. I know, I was that way once...but when you finally get accustomed to it, you wind up making this place your home spot...and perhaps only visit other forums. You will see many of the dpreview regulars (old timers) here and they're the ones who usually created the unique ambience that "once was" dpreview. Times have changed over there, that's for sure.

So a big welcome and if there's anyway you can send me a cheese steak with sauce and bannana peppers via the private messaging system on this forum, I'd be indebted (and surprised to say the least). :cool:

AnnF
03-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Welcome, Kenneth. You'll find lots of useful information here.

Ann

jtfrazer
03-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Hi Kenneth,

Welcome! I think you're going to like it here. I can identify with you. I bought my E-500 on Dec. 28 and was hit with a sciatic nerve problem in my back the same day. It laid me up for a while. Once that was gone I had to do some traveling for work. Next came a bout with the flu. I've managed to take a few shots, but I'm nowhere near as far along as I hoped.

Here's hoping spring brings lots of good shooting times for you.

Jim

Pontiac005
03-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Welcome! Hope to view some of your photos on here once you get outside. I am sure there is alot of different areas there to share. :)

KLight
03-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the welcom Ben and everyone else
I Live by Abrahm Lincoln High School, if you know where that is. Again thanks for he welcome.

Ken