PDA

View Full Version : Another refugee finds his way across the border

Rich K
03-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Hello all. Getting a little tired of the endless "glass half full" over on the other forum ... let's take some pictures!

llpoolej
03-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Welcome to ya Rich! There is a whole photo forum and some neat stuff in the works. So start posting :yes:

Carloskbco
03-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Welcome Rich! Pull up a chair and sit on the floor...you are going to like it here

Yeahhh, let's see some pics

:)

Carlos

Rich K
03-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Forgot to add my background ...

OM-1 user from the early 70's, with 50mm/1.4, 28mm/3.5 and 135mm/3.5 of the same vintage. While raising family I lapsed into the Stylus/Zoom community but eventually dug the OM out of the drawer and resumed better photography in the late 90's. Went digital in 2001 with a Fuji 6900 and nearly wore it out until I remembered how much better life could be with better and more flexible optics. Now enjoying an E-300 with 14-45mm and 40-150mm, as well as another OM lens, the 200mm/f5. Love to hike, so my emphasis is on the weight/quality tradeoff - if that lens weighs more than 2 pounds, I'll be happy to admire it, but ain't no way I'm humping it 10 miles with 3,000 feet vertical gain!

Now living in Reno, Nevada with tons of access to hiking in the Sierra Nevada mountains. My other bad habits include bicycling (especially touring), race driving (SCCA class SRF) and working. Hoping to get rid of the working part real soon!:cool:

benherrmann
03-06-2006, 07:38 PM
I'm actually exhausted welcoming all of the dpreview types over here. It's like the exodus has occurred all over again - in seemingly biblical proportions. And ya gotta love this! All your favorites are over here (but no trolls), and if they happened to be a troll at dpreview, the ones who came here are really nice folks. It's amazing what a different forum and layout can do for a person. Give it a few days for the format and layout to grow on you. Once accustomed to this layout, you'll love it. So let the posting begin...

Pontiac005
03-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Welcome Rich, glad you made the transition. I was just like you not too long ago. I got tired of stuff over at DP, and here I am!