PDA

View Full Version : Heron has landed

Heron
03-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Hi everyone. Some of you may know me from over on that other site.

Here's my quick -n- dirty bio...

I'm married with two small children, and I live in the beautiful Salt Lake
valley which is surrounded by scenic mountains that I am constantly photographing. I've been very into photography my whole life, and was
an early adopter in the digital photography world. I've owned several
Oly cameras, mostly C series, before getting the E-300 in March 2005.

I've been employed in the field of graphic arts for 15 years, and recently
marked the milestone of a decade online as a professional webmaster / graphic designer.

Pontiac005
03-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Welcome! I hope you enjoy this site as much as I am enjoying it. I am looking forward to viewing some of your photos. It takes a bit to learn the format of this forum, but its pretty easy to navigate.:cool:

Pavel
03-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Looking forward to some of your posts Heron. Hope the roost will be fun! :)

Bill Gates
03-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Welcome aboard! This place is alot friendlier than that other dark place... btw, i love your hair! :up:

Carloskbco
03-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Welcome, fellow "Ghetto Cam" owner...I'll be on the lookout of more lightshows, macros, and of course, pics of your beautiful daughter...

:)

Carlos

benherrmann
03-07-2006, 07:57 PM
First of all a mighty big welcome to you. Your arrival brings a unique view to this forum and I know that those who have seen you at dpreview will continue to look forward to your posts. Give this site some time. Some folks may register and try the site once and then figure, "it's too complicated for me," which isn't the case at all. After a few days (or perhaps a lengthy stay in one evening), you'll have everything down pat. And you will find it refreshingly different - and this statement coming from a guy who has over 5050 posts in over 4 years at the "other site."

Heron
03-08-2006, 12:59 AM
Thank you, everyone for the warm welcome!

I am looking forward to settling into my new "roost". (thanks for the term, Pavel!)

Ben and Marcus, I don't think that the transition will be too painful because I am a geek by profession :nerd: and very familiar with the bulletin board format.

Carlos, I look forward to seeing more of your "model" as well. My little girl loves seeing her photos too.

Warren, glad you like my hair, but I desperately need a cut!! It's-a make-a me cra-zy! :doh: I'll repost my avatar when I get it done...

Cheers,
Heron