PDA

View Full Version : And another one crawls over...

TrapperJohn
03-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Looks like a regular high school reunion here. I'm an Oly user from way back, dating back to my faithful old D600, through an E10, replaced with an E20, and now my E1.

I'm a lifelong resident of Kentucky, own about 150 acres of old growth hardwood forest with a spring fed creek right through the middle. I've probably photographed every square inch of that farm at one time or another... still trying to catch a great blue heron that hangs out on the creek, and still wanting to get a photo of a pair of redtail hawks in their nest. They always see me coming, darn it.

I've also used my E1 to photograph a rather sizeable collection of antique model steam engines. http://johno.myiglou.com/steamgeneral.html

Still working on model photography (the tiny kind), so I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who can suggest improvements to the photos on that site.

While I still roam several photo sites, this one seems to be creating a truly great community. And in the end, it's the community that makes these online forums worthwhile.

benherrmann
03-08-2006, 06:54 PM
You will feel much warmth here...lots of camaraderie, humor, and no negativity (well, nothing like dpreview). Believe me, I thought I'd never catch myself saying this in the past, but this my home now (even have it as my home page).

Give a few days to adjust to the layout (after all, we got so accustomed to the dark, simple layout at dpreview). Once accustomed to this site, you will be astounded at the options you have available.

Again...welcome.

Michael Meissner
03-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Boy, I see a lot of familar names.....

Anyway, I am a computer programmer, specializing in compilers, and the GNU compiler (GCC) in particular, though in the last year, I have been doing more managing of people than actual coding. Who knows, some of the embedded chips I worked on may have been used in Olympus cameras and possibly they used GCC.

I have an 18 year old daughter is going to graduate from high school this year, who is much more proficient at Photoshop CS/Elements than her old man.