PDA

View Full Version : Gee........I was gettin' lonely!

larryo
03-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Hi Gang:
I just wanted to say hello to you all. I have just joined this site (with the administrators help), and wanted to say hello! Some of you may recognize me from the other site. It's just getting kind of scary seeing the quality people getting banned from there.
:help: How do I get an avatar by my name? Every time I try I get an unrecognized url message. I'm trying to use a pbase image. Any ideas?

Cheers
Larry

benherrmann
03-09-2006, 12:09 PM
That's one for the moderators. I can't remember how I got mine - but somehow I think I actually uploaded it (could be wrong). But then I know that linking to Photobucket didn't present any problems at all.

Anyway, a big welcome. Glad to see you aboard. And as I have said countless times before, yes...this is a different type of site - it will look different. The software is different. Get to learn the options available to you and the way you can view this site. Look at all of the things you can do such as editing and formatting your postings. There is a wealth of information on here and you will become addicted to this place. If anything, it could be a welcomed addition to your regular postings at other sites.

larryo
03-09-2006, 01:11 PM
as for the avatar thing. It's wierd. I can post a photo
http://www.pbase.com/losiowy/image/51181489/small.jpg

But I can't use an image from that site as an avatar???

Oh well

AnnF
03-09-2006, 01:14 PM
as for the avatar thing. It's wierd. I can post a photo
http://www.pbase.com/losiowy/image/51181489/small.jpg

But I can't use an image from that site as an avatar???

Oh well

Welcome, Larry. Perhaps the one you're trying to use isn't within the size limitations. If you have any of the chat programs that I do, perhaps you can bring up a chat and I can try to walk you through it.

Ann

Garry Frankel
03-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Glad you could make it !!

Doug Palmer
03-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Welcome Larry

How big is the image you are trying to use as an avatar? The maximum size is 80x80 pixels and it's probably easier to upload it straight from your machine to the forum.

Regards
Doug

Carloskbco
03-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Welcome Larry O...I was wondering how long it would take you to find us in this place!

:)

Carlos
PS.Pls have an avatar with a landscape of Canada will ya? I think the server is trying to tell you something when you can't upload a face shot...
:)