PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

CSphoto
03-09-2006, 05:55 PM
I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I own an E300 and several lenses. I have been shooting for over 30 years now and have used everything from large 8x10 to 135mm and now digital. I bought my E300 in December 04 when it first came out. I love the cameras image quality and handling. I am looking forward to the new release of the E-1 replacement whenever that occurs. For now I will sit back and enjoy some of your past posts and I look forward to contributing to the forum.

Fair Winds:yahoo:

benherrmann
03-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Meaning, are you transitioning from perhaps another forum, or are you just tuning here for your first forum? We have so many folks who have relocated (if you want to use that term). So share your experiences with us. Again, welcome.

CSphoto
03-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Ben,

I occassionally post at dpreview but needed a change of scenery. There are still good people and good information on that site so I will continue visiting now and again. I have always enjoyed browsing new sites. There is always something new to learn. I am a retired Navy CPO and I presently work as a forensic photographer for the federal government. I live and work in Northern Virginia. I have a son who will be turning 21 in May. He is a Junior at Virginia Tech majoring in engineering and when he graduates he will be commissioned as an ensign in the US Navy. Following his legacy. Thanks for the greetings.

Bryan

benherrmann
03-09-2006, 08:07 PM
You've got another retired Chief (Seabees I believe) and he's a moderator on here. I'm a retired Marine, and I believe are are several more of us on this forum (or am I just retired....hmnnnnnn :hmm:)

CSphoto
03-10-2006, 07:13 AM
Hmmm, best part of the Navy!

Bojan Volcansek
03-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Welcome Bryan,
I hope you'll have great time here, there are a lot of nice poeple and a lot of good information. Also there are a lot of photos as well as critique forum and I hope all that will be interesting for you

Yours Bojan

CSphoto
03-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the warm greetings Bojan and Ben. :D

Bryan