PDA

View Full Version : ...allow me to introduce myself...

Lorne Miller
03-10-2006, 12:54 PM
...hey there all you fellow FourThirds fanatics, I've finally made the switch over to here from another site I won't name that I used to be a member of, one that has been "in the news" here very recently, if you catch my drift...
...I'm Lorne Miller from Victoria BC, I made the switch due to the fact it seems many of the more serious photographers have all departed the "other" site...I'm not interested in pixel counting or changing cameras each and every time a new one is introduced, I want to talk about actually going out and taking photographs, which is what I thought we're supposed to be doing, as opposed to sitting in front of our computers as I am doing at this moment.
...that being said, I am currently considering picking up another Olympus 'E' model to go along with my two E-1's. I picked up an E300 last year, and have been happy with it as a back up, my son has fallen in love with it and wants to buy it from me, so I am now considering getting the E500 two lens pack, I'll sell the two lenses to my son as I already had them from the E300 two lens pack.
...any feedback on what you guys think about the 500 would be interesting to read up on, I've been going through the archives at DPReview, oops, forgot I wasn't going to mention that place, and noticed a lot of the better comentaries seem to have come from guys no longer over there, so I'm hoping to here from some of them that may have migrated here...
...any way, got to run, hope to chat with a lot of you in the very near future, like later today...

cheers,

Lorne Miller

benherrmann
03-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Like you said, there are many, many of the familiar faces over here. Makes for a cozy feeling. Looking forward to hearing from you. Gosh, you live in the most beautiful neck of the world. I need to visit that place some day!

AnnF
03-11-2006, 01:46 AM
Welcome. I can't comment on the E-500, but I do love my E-1 (I have 2).

Ann

Bill Gordon
03-11-2006, 07:54 AM
Interesting Ann to hear that you have 2 E-1s'...for heavens sake...why...?? I can only handle one of anything at a time but two.....you must be quite dexerous!!! http://www.fourthirdsphoto.com/vbb/images/icons/icon7.gif

Bill Gordon
03-11-2006, 07:56 AM
Welcome Lorne, another Canadian to the club!! If Tony reads all..hey Tony, it would be interesing to post how many people are from which countries. This happened a few years ago when we all were shooting E-10s...I wish I had the links to that particular event calander.....I am sure someone reading this will remember and come up with it.

E B
03-11-2006, 10:20 AM
...hey there all you fellow FourThirds fanatics, I've finally made the switch over to here from another site I won't name that I used to be a member of, one that has been "in the news" here very recently, if you catch my drift...
...I'm Lorne Miller from Victoria BC, I made the switch due to the fact it seems many of the more serious photographers have all departed the "other" site...I'm not interested in pixel counting or changing cameras each and every time a new one is introduced, I want to talk about actually going out and taking photographs, which is what I thought we're supposed to be doing, as opposed to sitting in front of our computers as I am doing at this moment.
...that being said, I am currently considering picking up another Olympus 'E' model to go along with my two E-1's. I picked up an E300 last year, and have been happy with it as a back up, my son has fallen in love with it and wants to buy it from me, so I am now considering getting the E500 two lens pack, I'll sell the two lenses to my son as I already had them from the E300 two lens pack.
...any feedback on what you guys think about the 500 would be interesting to read up on, I've been going through the archives at DPReview, oops, forgot I wasn't going to mention that place, and noticed a lot of the better comentaries seem to have come from guys no longer over there, so I'm hoping to here from some of them that may have migrated here...
...any way, got to run, hope to chat with a lot of you in the very near future, like later today...

cheers,

Lorne Miller

Very good to see you here!

I recently bought an E-330 because I was interested in the sensor. I actually had no interest in an EVF camera per se. However, I'm thoroughly impressed by the E-330 so far. If you're open to that as an option, you may care to give a quick glance at it. I did write up some of my initial impressions and posted them on the Technical Discussion Forum. Welcome aboard and I'm looking forward to your informative posts and contributions.

AnnF
03-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Interesting Ann to hear that you have 2 E-1s'...for heavens sake...why...?? I can only handle one of anything at a time but two.....you must be quite dexerous!!! http://www.fourthirdsphoto.com/vbb/images/icons/icon7.gif
Hey Bill,

Well, I don't use them both at the same TIME.:) I got the 2nd E-1 body so I wouldn't have to keep changing lenses every 5 minutes. I was doing a lot of action shots for my brother-in-law (world champion frisbee dog) AND I got it for a good price. I keep them both in my backpack, one with the 50-200 and the other with the 14-54. It's quite handy being able to grab either one I need and not have to change the lens.

Lorne, I can see why your son would fall in love with the E-300.

Ann

laingjd
03-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Welcome!

I have the E-1, E-300, and the E-500.
14-54, 50-200, 14-45, 40-150 and the EX25.
Any kind of luck and I'll get the 7-14.

When I shoot any of the cameras I opt for the 14-54 or 50-200.
The pictures are just better.

No matter what you hear thru the rumor mill.......
The E-500 is a fine camera.

I recommend it highly.