PDA

View Full Version : About Me

traveller
03-10-2006, 01:06 PM
Hello to everyone, Recently signed up;my first post was under the "Enough Already" I believe my comments illustrate,what I am all about. I mentioned the owner Tony & EB, but believe I should have acknowledged Ben [drill sgt] I bet he has a heart of gold! If this site develops,as it appears; then I shall have no problem chipping in the 35. After all, when you consider what we all spend on this marvellous hobby/career or whatever. 35 is a pittance!

benherrmann
03-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Nothing like firing an opening salvo to state your case. I think you'll like it here. Like anything else, you first adjust to a new layout and once accustomed to the workings of this site, it will grow on you - that's for sure.

orthogent
03-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Welcome traveler, this is one promising place and has clearly found its audience of "travelers" like you and me... The money aspect is not ultimately significant and will arrive, I know,trust management understands that. I am about ready to sign up...
I would also love to see- and hope for- others to contribute "in kind" material. I am planning to do just that asap. Meaning CONTRIBUTE content (as in EB's essay on the E330 first reactions.(Aside: I have promised Tony a review article with illustrations, on subject of tripods, monopods,tablepods, and ballheads, and camera flash brackets).
I relish user reviews even more than the pundit reviews.
'nough from me trav, old chap, again Aloha Nui
...from rainy Mililani Town (Oahu) in early March -the rains finally came to us with thunder and lightning and mudslides, BUT we like to say we do not need to shovel it ( Had a shallow pun in mind as critique on own blather, but nah forget, forget..) Gerry Siegel

traveller
03-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the welcome Guys! I attempted to back my mouth up with the moolah;went to subscriptions without success.Indication was the file locked. The transition to digital is an ongoing learning process for me; computers however, are something else! Guess I am a bit of a T-Rex in this wonderful digital/computer age; but I shall get there. Its mind blowing how you can create whats in your head & not just what the Camera records. Anyway back to the cash; no doubt someone will help me unload this $35 thats burning a hole in my pocket!

E B
03-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Welcome aboard! This is a great place to swap information on how to get the best out of our equipment. Really great that you chose to join us.