PDA

View Full Version : Made the leap.......

JRM60
03-11-2006, 09:32 AM
I've finally decided to join up with all the other familiar faces from that other site. Will be sharing time but looks to me as if this site is going to be home from now on. I'm in Martinez, CA, about 30 miles east of San Francisco, CA. I retired 3 years ago and digital cameras renewed my interest in photography. I shot 35mm with Minolta cameras for about 35 years. Have been using the E1 for about 1 1/2 years now and I'm still learning new "stuff" about it everyday. Hoping to continue to learn from all you fine folks and to get back to that community feel that I use to have on that other site.

Let's take some photos!

E B
03-11-2006, 10:14 AM
I've finally decided to join up with all the other familiar faces from that other site. Will be sharing time but looks to me as if this site is going to be home from now on. I'm in Martinez, CA, about 30 miles east of San Francisco, CA. I retired 3 years ago and digital cameras renewed my interest in photography. I shot 35mm with Minolta cameras for about 35 years. Have been using the E1 for about 1 1/2 years now and I'm still learning new "stuff" about it everyday. Hoping to continue to learn from all you fine folks and to get back to that community feel that I use to have on that other site.

Let's take some photos!

It's really great to see you here! I was hoping you'd join us because we can certainly use your thoughful contributions.

AnnF
03-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Welcome, Jim. I'm in Vacaville. There are several others in our area, too.

Ann

Pontiac005
03-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Glad you made the leap. I'm over here in San Ramon myelf. :cool:

AnnF
03-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Have you been to the butterfly house in Marine World? I would like to go sometime. Don't know when the best time to go would be.

Ann

JRM60
03-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Bob - Thanks for the welcome, still finding my way on how to navigate this forum.

JRM60
03-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi Ann - Thanks for the welcome, didn't know they had a butterfly house at Marine World. Will have to check it out!

JRM60
03-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Marcus - Glad to be here, need some better weather to shoot in!

benherrmann
03-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Mannnn, we're seeing one person and another coming here from wherever on a daily basis - which adds to the ambience of this forum. Having all this talent here will really help. A big welcome to you!!!

Carloskbco
03-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Welcome Jim!

So many of us in the Bay Area...we have to figure out a way to meet in person....anyway...si good to have you here.

Carlos

:)

AnnF
03-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi Ann - Thanks for the welcome, didn't know they had a butterfly house at Marine World. Will have to check it out!
Well, if you go before I do let me know how it was.

Ian is in Benicia.

Don't know if any of you are interested in cars, but there are Drag Races and the annual Wine Country Classic Car Races held in May or June.

Ann

Ian MacDonald
04-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Hi Jim,

After looking through some of your photos on PBase I realized that we shared a bit of a coincidence last year. From your photos it looks like you took a cruise to Alaska in May and were in Yosemite in June. We were in Yosemite in May and on a cruise to Alaska in June. We had the kids with us on the cruise so were not able to explore as much it appears you were. We promised to do it again when the kids were a bit older and could participate more fully in the excursions.

I've enjoyed looking at your photos and I'm glad to meet another local Bay Area resident online.

Cheers,

-- Ian

Hokuto
04-02-2006, 04:24 AM
Welcome aboard, Jim. I'm just a little hop, skip, and jump over here in Japan :D

Bill Gordon
04-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Carlos, it is quite easy to arrange for you and the others in the Bay area to have a get together. Just announce it here. You never know who might show up. I live in Toronto and I travelled to Huntington Beach a couple of years ago to meet up with a group from around Los Angeles...another person travelled from Kansas City.....so......make plans and do it!!

blueridgegirl
04-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi and welcome! I came here by way of Flickr. It's a great group of people here and I really like it! Glad you meet you. :up: