PDA

View Full Version : I should introduce myself since i have been posting already

actionbunny
03-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Hello,
i'd like to introduce my self, my name is Rex and i live in new orleans la but i've lately been spending a lot of my time in seattle. i should be back permanently before september, it's just too cold here in seattle.
i am mainly a painter but i have been making photographs on and off for most of my life. i have a bfa in painting and printmaking and i think it will become clear as i post more photos how much influence painting has in my images.
as for cameras i have an e-1 and some lenses and that is my main camera along with a 1946 graphlex 45. i also sometimes use a verity of polaroid cameras. i have a few cameras that i do not use all that much, an olympus om-pc with some lenses and a couple of range finders as well as an E-500 that i purchased recently for carry around and travel. since the e-500 is in the "do not use much" category i may sell it.
anyhow that's me sort of.

benherrmann
03-13-2006, 05:34 AM
From New Orleans (hot and muggy) to Seattle - actually, a very reasonable place (but lots of rain I suppose). We've had lots of relocations - many permanently - to our area (North Carolina). Many aren't going back. I guess when you lose just about everything and then wonder if a storm of this magnitude will hit again, then you may entertain a permanent move. Anyway, a belated welcome to you.

Pontiac005
03-13-2006, 05:41 AM
Welcome Rex!

Pavel
03-15-2006, 05:46 PM
So living in New Orleans ... I guess you are into the water resistant features of the E-1? :D

AnnF
03-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Welcome. Looking forward to some photo posts.:)

Ann

actionbunny
03-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Thanks y'all. Rex