PDA

View Full Version : Joining for fun

e10user
03-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi all,

A lot of your postings on dpreview influenced me to buy my first digital the E10 which I still use off and on. I love the ergonomics and quiet leaf shutter.

Would like to get the E-1 someday. I also have a Pentax DS to go with my manual Pentax lenses but I don't like the mirror/shutter sound esp. in taking
pictures of my cats and inside performances.

Seems a lot nicer here than in the dpr oslrtf!

John

aka e10user at sbcglobal dot net
aka smctak at sbcglobal dot net

benherrmann
03-16-2006, 02:48 PM
You're an important part of the bandwagon that has migrated here. Lots of familiar faces - but most of all, the ambience, layout, options, and formatting...are all superior in many ways. Once you get accustomed to the layout, you'll soon get hooked on it. At first...well, it may appear "boring" if I could use that word - but that "boring" soon turns into gratification and satisfaction as you find this place to be quite civil and dedicated to Oly 4/3 stuff (and yes, we have other Oly users also).

So park your butt and enjoy...

llpoolej
03-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Glad to have you here. Good to have joined for fun :)

E B
03-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Hi all,

A lot of your postings on dpreview influenced me to buy my first digital the E10 which I still use off and on. I love the ergonomics and quiet leaf shutter.

Would like to get the E-1 someday. I also have a Pentax DS to go with my manual Pentax lenses but I don't like the mirror/shutter sound esp. in taking
pictures of my cats and inside performances.

Welcome aboard. When you do finally decide to get the E-1, you'll find the ergonomics are even better than the E-10, one of which I still have. I expect you'll enjoy it here and am looking forward to your posts!

AnnF
03-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Welcome, John. You can post direct links here.

Ann

e10user
03-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Ann,

Would that be url links to jpegs?

John

AnnF
03-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Hi John,
Sorry I didn't see your last post, have been out of town for a few days.

Yes, url links to jpg's or a website, etc. Of course, keep in mind the rules regarding content.:)

Ann

e10user
03-28-2006, 02:27 PM
I now have my E-1 and lens adapter. I may be asking questions of the
experienced users here, esp. in the legacy lenses section.

John:p