PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Talladega, Alabama

Neos
03-25-2006, 06:47 AM
Hi all ..
I just registered this morning, and I look forward to participating here. I won't have a lot to contribute to start, as I am a noobe as far as DSLR is concerned.

As for photography in general - it has always been a sort of half love. The reason I say HALF is that I have always been about 50% enamored with the equipment. I hope that the creative side will blossum more as I learn this new E300 (first DSLR - P&S Sony prior). I had Canon & Mamiya gear when I used film - and done studio work for many of my younger years.

I am about ten miles from the Talladega race track here, work in sales, married, raising a 5 year old grandchild.

God is good, and life is too! :yes:

Neos
Andy Smith

plg3
03-25-2006, 06:55 AM
Hi Andy -

Welcome! You can't say you're from Talladega and not take some great racing shots. So we're putting you on notice early... :)

You're going to love your E-300. There are a quite a number of -300 folks here and they really know how to make the -300 sing. Some really wonderful shots.

Carloskbco
03-25-2006, 08:25 AM
Welcome!

You are gonna like that camera, I have an E300 (Ghetto Cam), and use it extensively to take pics of my 5 yr old daughter...

Enjoy your stay

:)

Carlos

JRM60
03-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Welcome to the club Andy - I think you will find this forum a very informative and friendly place to learn about your new camera and how to improve. Looking forward to some race photos!

Neos
03-25-2006, 07:07 PM
I will have to do that one day soon - maybe the nest race. I love cars and racing - but I have to admit that I have only been to one NASCAR race - and that was at Charlotte years back.

Thanks for the welcome.

AnnF
03-26-2006, 01:57 AM
Welcome. I have the E-300 also.
I don't know where Talladega is. I have cousins in Boaz. I've only been to Alabama once to visit them when I lived in GA a few years back.:)

Ann

Pontiac005
03-28-2006, 05:39 AM
Hi there Andy whats up? Welcome! This is a wonderful forum and I am sure you will enjoy your stay.

blueridgegirl
03-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi, I'm new here too! I am originally from B'ham. :) I know you'll love it here.

ditto1958
03-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Hi Andy,

Welcome. It's nice to see a fellow E-300 user here. It's a wonderful camera and the more you use it the more you will learn about it. Post some of your shots when you get time.