PDA

View Full Version : hello from Oaxaca, Mexico

JeffCharles
03-26-2006, 06:37 PM
My name is Jeff. I have been taking pictures since the late 50's. My first 35mm camera was a Foca Sport, a French camera. Since, I've used a Canon FT?, an OM1 (for many years; it eventually stopped working), a couple of EOS Elans, a Contax G2 (did not like it), a Konica Hexar (with silent mode; great camera), a Minolta A2, and now an E1. I also have a Fuji F10.

I started to follow fourthirdsphoto after Ben Herrmann's temporary banning at DPR. I have been reading Ben's posts for many years. For me, two words characterize his posts: civility and enthusiasm. So, for me, his endorsement of this site was enough reason for me to take a look at it. Since joining, I have been impressed with the level of expertise of the members, and with the willingness of even the most experienced members to help the least experience newcomers.

I take many bad pictures, but every once in a while, I capture something decent, so I stick with it.

Jeff

tspore
03-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Jeff welcome to the forum. I am glad that you decided to register!
Look forwarding to reading your posts!

E B
03-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Hey, great to see you here! I'll be looking forward to seeing your posts and images.

RobertB
03-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Greetings & welcome.

You're in a great area - Oaxaca City? I love the whole state, and hope you'll bring some of the color to us!

AnnF
03-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Welcome!

Ann

Pontiac005
03-27-2006, 04:32 AM
Hello there and welcome :cool:

benherrmann
03-27-2006, 07:08 AM
Just saw your post - so a big welcome and thanks for those kind words. Yes, this place is different - very inviting. Sure, it doesn't have the maxx quantities of folks that frequent some of the other huge sites, but we're approaching close to a 1000 folks now and you will recognize all the mainstays that have been posting for years at the other place. And besides, this place is for 4/3 users only - so somebody would have to go out of their way to register and then troll here.

Anyway, great to see you here. Now I have a question, noticing your name, are you just living in Mexico temporarily (work, etc.) or have you moved there permanently (just curious because you have an English name obviously).

Thanks...

JeffCharles
03-27-2006, 07:26 AM
...Now I have a question, noticing your name, are you just living in Mexico temporarily (work, etc.) or have you moved there permanently (just curious because you have an English name obviously)...

I am a US citizen living here permanently. I am mostly retired, but I still do occassional IT training on contract in the US and Europe. It's how I get money to buy photo, audio and other tech gear.

Carloskbco
03-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Bienvenido Jeff !!

Hopefully will see some shots of your neighborhood !

Carlos
:)