PDA

View Full Version : Yet another lurker unveiled!

jacraine
03-28-2006, 07:40 PM
This is my first post (obviously). I posted on one occasion at DPR commenting on the "hints" that were released by olympus prior to the e330. I thought that the guy bending down to take a close-up or macro was not only using a tripod to stabalize, but was himself in a tripod position for further stability. I made my first post over there commenting on my observation and the first reply was "troll". Needless to say it has only gotten crazier. So, like so many, found this site and am really enjoying it.

I started with a Oly 4040 and it went crazy from there (although not benhermannitis). 8080, D70, E1, and recently the E300.

As you all know, the E1 is just a beautiful piece of equipment. The 8080 glass is holy-cow sharp. I did not appreciate how sharp this camera was until I got the 50 2.0 DZ lens knowing how sharp this lens is. I'm keeping this one.

I like the D70 but it takes post processing work to bring the best out of it.

I am extremely pleased with the E300.

My only way to describe the difference between the Olys and the Nikon is with the Nikon I feel like I am looking at a picture through glass. The Oly makes it seem like I am looking directly at the scene.

Ben H. has repeated this numerous times and I have to agree.

Sorry for the long post.

Tony, thanks for the great site.

James Craine

Garry Frankel
03-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Welcome to 4/3's group. Lots of us still move between both places but save our more serious conversations for here.

benherrmann
03-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Mannnn, one by one I see some quality folks registering here and that's just keen with me. Hope to now see more of your wisdom being posted here. So a big welcome...

jacraine
03-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the welcoming Garry and Ben. I'll have to go through the collections and post some pictures.

Ben, I'm sure you get bombarded with e-mails because of your vast hands-on experience with equipment. I want to thank you for sharing your knowledge and answering my questions.

James.

E B
03-29-2006, 06:47 AM
Glad to see you here. No use lurking when you can be part of the party. I'm looking forward to seeing your images and posts.

AnnF
03-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Welcome, James. Also looking forward to some pictures and comments.
:)

Ann