PDA

View Full Version : April Contest - "low angle perspective"

Pavel
03-31-2006, 01:43 PM
So the votes are in and in another close one lead vote - "the low angle perspective" is the theme for April. So I hope many will try their best to submit many takes on the theme. Post the "to be critiqued" entries here ... and the finals as well. I think it would work well if we had one thread per person and simply put more pictures or versions to it? What do you think?

Feel free to make multiple posts of course if you are more comfortable - that way at the end of a month or two we can see how it works best. :)

Thanks everyone who participated in the poll. Now I'm curious to see the submitions - so get out there and shoot! :up:

AnnF
04-07-2006, 10:59 PM
I'll try one. Taken yesterday, April 7th on an overcast day.
E-1, 14-54mm, 1/320sec, F6.3, ISO 100.

http://www.scenicphotos4u.com/homestuff/TheForebodingSm.JPG (http://www.scenicphotos4u.com/homestuff/TheForeboding.JPG)
Click for larger view.

tspore
04-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Sounds Great Pavel!

hyperfocal
04-08-2006, 06:19 AM
E-1, Peleng 8mm f3.5, 1/250sec @ f11, ISO 200

http://influxphoto.com/misc/groundlevel.jpg

Idanst
04-08-2006, 09:09 AM
hyperfocal, I realy like the picture. I will also have the peleng soon :D

Pavel
04-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Hey this is great folks! I'm happy to see the ball rolling.

I was thinking though it would be best if each person put up their own thread with the shots. Feel free to start several, one for each photo that you are considering and we can all perhaps contribute critiques and thoughts towards each one, and then if you want to alter or somehow enhance through editing that same shot ... put it in the same thread. That way each photo can have feedback and all the different versions in one spot.

As the end of the contest time approaches simply pick the best one or two submisions you want to go with and put the final shot in another thread - except this time let us know that it is the one you want judged for the contest by puting in the title "April contest - submision #1 ...or #2.

If anyne has any other ideas on how to run this smoothly ... I'd love to hear suggestions. This is kind of just getting off the ground and evolving.

Thanks for the first batch Anne and Hyperfocal. btw .. did you use the hyperfocal distance on that shot? :D

Pavel
04-08-2006, 09:55 AM
And as far as critiques ... my 3 cents would be to get even closer and real low for your shot Anne ... to give the focal point even more dominance and distorted scale.

Hyperfocals shot has a presence I really like. I would try to use a contrast mask to make the flowers stand out. it's hard to predict what a contrast mask will do but often in a shot like that it will give it that look as if you had used strobes and that would perk up the colors of the flowers. My guess (and it's just a guess) is that it would make it look even better - if the flowers "popped" with more intense color.

:)

greslizzz
04-08-2006, 01:17 PM
Here it goes my try...

E-1, 50-200, F3.5, 1/500s, ISO 100
Hyperfocal, You really got a nice one... :yes: