PDA

View Full Version : hello from dags

Dags
04-02-2006, 12:13 AM
Hi there, everyone seems to be dissappearing from dp, so thought I better check this place out. So far, looks good.
I live an hour north of Sydney, Australia & work in IT in Sydney, which means I spend way too much time in the car. The Central Coast is a great place to live, but not much good for IT work.
Hobbies are Photography (obviously), Tennis, Bushalking & Ebay (selling & buying). Unfortunately, no Tennis or Bushwalking lately due to a knee injury & surgery which I seem to be taking forever to recover from.
Camera wise, I've been using an E-1 since 04 & have the 14-54, 11-22, 40-150 & 35macro lenses & an FL36. I also have an OM@, 2 OM1s & a few OM lenses and a Fourthirds OM adaptor.
Prior to the E-1 I was using EOS film gear & a Fuji s304 & prior to that Canon FD stuff. I sold the EOS gear to justify/finance the E-1, but decided I still wanted to shoot the odd roll of slides so started accumulating OM gear.
Steve

E B
04-02-2006, 06:55 AM
Hey, welcome aboard! I see there's no need to tell you all the good aspects of the E-1 or Olympus in general. You'll find a lot of folks here with similar interests ready to share their experiences and knowledge.

I know how it is with knee injuries. I had one a few years back and I was limping for over a year.

I remember Sydney very fondly. It's been over 30 years since I was there but I really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to seeing some of your images and posts.

AnnF
04-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Welcome.

If you don't stay off the knee and let it heal. I was told that at LEAST 6 weeks is needed for torn ligaments to repair, but if you keep using it then they get aggravated and take longer. I followed the advice, but it's hard to do. I would till have problems with it after that from time to time over the years.

Ann

benherrmann
04-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Yes, lots of familiar faces here - and the key ingredient is that we're all interested in the 4/3 system (although many of us have other systems also). But the nice thing is that there are no trolls here - you'd be a fool to travel over here and go through the hassles of registration only to begin flaming, etc. Some folks now post exclusively over here, while others post in a variety of places. Either way...you're welcome and looking forward to hearing from you.

orthogent
06-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Welcom dags. Knees. A sore subject. I badly tore a left lateral ligament six years ago. It is still touchy and always will be. But what I wanted to share was this:. I continued my yoga stretches after six months but gently. Leg extensions, pelvic stretch, hamstring strengthers,the stabilization muscles. I now have full mobility in the knee. Perhaps look into some "Iyengar" style classes, and especially a practitioner that specializes in yoga therapy. If your MD OKs it. Sydney has a great yoga center, visited it in 1984...
I wish you well.
Aloha,
Gerry

Shandy
06-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Dags, this is no bad place to be...

Talking about injuries - I broke my ankle some months ago, and about the same time I redicovered pics via the E-500, etc. My recuperation involved strapping on the macro, getting comfy in the undergrowth, and telling interested parties that I was "fine" (i.e. "leave me alone").

Cheers
Andy