PDA

View Full Version : Delurking...

Tony Finnerty
04-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Once active in the Oly SLR Talk forum at DPReview, I shifted to lurk mode after a worsening of my disability from an old head injury. I watched unhappily through the bannings, mostly without comment, and have seen FourThirdsPhoto grow (thanks to Tony Spore!) as many of you, my old forum friends, switched and new folks joined.

There is still much to like about DPR, but most of the participants are now new to me. As different as the user interface is, you folks make this forum seem more familiar to me now. I can't yet sustain my previous level of photographic activity, but I miss the back-and-forth with you all and will try to participate more and lurk less in both forums.

I'm still getting out for my love - photographing the music and performing scene in Nevada City. Here are recent photos (E-1, 50-200 mm, ISO 1600 and 3200) from a skit at the community St. Pat's party at the Miner's Foundry:

And the wildflower season is just starting here in the Sierra Nevada. Here's a bug with his antennae blowing in the spring breeze (E-1, 50 mm macro):

I hope I'm doing this right.

Tony
http://www.flipperty.smugmug.com/

benherrmann
04-11-2006, 08:34 PM
And what a way to introduce yourself - by posting some really nice pictures. Glad to see you over here. Lots of folks have come here as you can tell and believe you me...once you become accustomed to this site, it becomes addictive. No trolls and just lots of info being traded - isn't that what it's all about. So I'm tickled pink to see you here.

blueridgegirl
04-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi Tony,
Welcome! I'm pretty new myself but I really like this forum. I'm sure you'll love participating here. :D

Great pictures! I love the one of the dancer - really shows the movement and spirit of the dance.

Nice to meet you!

Hokuto
04-12-2006, 12:21 AM
I hope I'm doing this right.

Well, you haven't been banned yet :)
Nice to see you here, Tony. I really have enjoyed your high-ISO photos from the E-1.

george_online
04-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Hi Tony,
Welcome here. Your pics are great as usual :)
George

Pontiac005
04-12-2006, 05:37 AM
Welcome Tony! Looking forward to viewing more of your pictures.:cool:

DavyG
04-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Hi Tony and welcome.

I look forward to seeing more of your photos.

Cheers.

Dave

AnnF
04-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Welcome, Tony.

I liked the photos, thanks.

Ann

Tony Finnerty
04-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Both old and new forum friends, thanks! The interface for the new forum may feel a little strange, but not you good people.

After a bit of a layoff I'm back to photographing concerts. So now I'm three concerts behind in post-processing. I'll post some examples in the Photos category soon.

Tony

JRM60
04-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Hi Tony -

Was wondering where you have been. Glad to see you're back to taking photos again. Nice shots. Visited your fine town just before Christmas but didn't have time to say hello. Welcome here!

E B
04-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Well, whatever reason prompted you to surface here, you're certainly welcome. I remember your posts from some time ago on the other forum and look forward to seeing some more over here.

Tony Finnerty
04-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi Ann,

I just noticed that you live in Vacaville. I lived on 5 acres outside of town, with a Vacaville postal address, for 20 years before moving three years ago to Grass Valley, then Nevada City, in the Sierra Nevada foothills. If your travels ever take you to this area, look me up! Bring your camera - there are lots of great photo opportunities up here.

Tony

Rich K
04-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Delurking - is that a bit like decloaking? Ooooh, those Trekkie habits die hard :yes: .

Nice pictures! I'm on the other side of the mountains in Reno. Haven't notice as many of the mountain flowers making an appearance just yet, but your photos have inspired me to take a walk this weekend ...