PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Theme - MAY

Pavel
04-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Well it's the last week in April and so time for the next vote. What is it that you want to be shooting next month?:camera:

What is the best theme for the month of May?

fbyrnes
05-01-2006, 03:11 PM
how about emerging flora and fauna, give everybody a chance to see the differences, around the globe

Pavel
05-01-2006, 03:37 PM
I will put it up as one of the vote themes next month ... for sure then. Thanks for the suggestion. Any other topic suggestions are welcome too.

fbyrnes
05-01-2006, 04:20 PM
pavel, when i posted that suggestion, i didnt realize the themes had been settled on. disregard, and maybe next time, thanx

Henk Peter
05-01-2006, 11:19 PM
We could make in the photo forum a new thread called "your local flora and fauna"

Pavel
05-02-2006, 07:18 AM
I like the idea. I try to come up with a mix of themes and then make it democratic and make it more participatory by having them voted on. I will keep this one for the vote for the month of June - the next one and would be happy to take idea submissions for inclusion in the upcoming votes.

Basically I'm looking for any way to have peoples views more inclusive rather than just do it from my viewpoint. To me the fundamental benefit of a contest is to have the structure that encourages shooting out of the same rut that forms when we all shoot what we simply enjoy shooting. I hope that having a theme to follow challenges people in a new way. But as far as what the theme is - the more people that chime in - the better the basic idea.

Theresa K
05-03-2006, 04:42 AM
I would like to see some themes that would provide learning opportunities for a lot of us who just shoot what's around us. That's one of the reasons I voted for 'reflections', I thought it would get us to stretch a bit from our standard approach to photography.