PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Colorado!

TooMuchCoffee
04-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi fellow photo enthusiasts!

I am the happy owner of a Oly E-500 with the 2-lens kit.

I have always liked photography, but have found that I REALLY like it in the last several years. My first camera was a little no-name box camera that used 640 roll film. My dad bought if for me in Arizona back in 1962. That little camera went to a lot of places....Washington, DC; The New York World's Fair; and California to name a few.

I had a Kodak Instamatic that used 127 cartridges during my teen years. I have also had a couple of Polaroid models before moving up to point & shoot 35mm cameras. About 6 years ago or so, I played with an old Pentax K-1000 my son had used in a high school journalism class, and decided to get a Pentax ZX-M. Still a very nice camera. I later upgraded to a ZX-7.

My first foray into digital photography was a Sony Mavica that used floppy diskettes as its media. About 2 years ago, my wife got me a Gateway DC-T50, a 5 MP point & shoot. It takes very nice photos, and I still carry it almost everywhere because of its size. However, last month after wanting to get the benefits and control of my Pentax SLRs in digital form, I took the plunge and got my Oly E-500 after considering Pentax *ist, Nikon D50, and Canon Rebel XT.

So that's my photographic story. I am not a pro photog, but hope to learn a lot by sharing information here.

TMC

timbertoes
04-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Welcome from a Texas Newbie :)

cloudsipper
04-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Welcome to the e-500 club... you're gonna love it!

James Pilcher
04-28-2006, 09:12 AM
It's getting crowded here with Coloradans! My E-1 and I wish you a warm welcome from Douglas County. :yahoo:

TooMuchCoffee
04-28-2006, 11:54 AM
It's getting crowded here with Coloradans! My E-1 and I wish you a warm welcome from Douglas County. :yahoo:

Hi James!

I am also in Douglas County. Lived in Castle Rock for the last 5 years, and now reside in Parker. So...howdy neighbor!

James Pilcher
05-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi James!

I am also in Douglas County. Lived in Castle Rock for the last 5 years, and now reside in Parker. So...howdy neighbor!

I am an original resident of Highlands Ranch. February, 1983. There were 700 people in the Ranch when we moved in. Now there are over 70,000. Times have changed.

I hope you enjoy your 4/3 kit. I can't get enough of mine. I'm running an E-1 with HLD-2, 14-54mm, 50-200mm, 8mm fisheye, and an FL-50. The only thing I long for in a new E is a 3 inch LCD. My old eyes would like that.