PDA

View Full Version : Wannabe sellers?

rockwallaby
05-09-2006, 06:40 AM
I have decided to sell my E1 on ebay because I just don't use it much. A beaut camera in the hand but I just seem use the E300 instead.

It is very interesting to see how many watchers I have (30, 2 days after listing) but no bidders yet. I am thinking that there may be many other E1 owners who would like to move theirs on but want to see what one will fetch before making a decision. After all there are a number of us who paid considerably more than we are likely to get in todays market.

I am wondering how many of the watchers will turn into bidders. If anyone else is interested in watching, here is the link (or are some of you already watching?)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7617325047&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Ian

Pavel
05-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Your thread seemed more suitable for the buy and sell. If in doubt and it is about selling gear - the buy and sell is the place. :)

laingjd
05-09-2006, 07:42 AM
For one thing...........the beginning price is a tad high compared to what others are selling for.

You might have considered a lower beginning bid and set a Reserve for what you would take as a minimum high bid.

3dpan
05-09-2006, 04:59 PM
I always list on eBay.com and in US dollars, there are far more potential buyers on that listing.
The USD numerical value is lower than in AUD due to the exchange rate, and the lookers see a lower figure. They're not really up to the task of mental currency conversion anyway.

Alec

Julio
05-09-2006, 07:28 PM
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

;)

rockwallaby
05-10-2006, 05:12 AM
Thanks to everyone for your comments. I appreciate your interest.

Pavel
My purpose was not to try to sell you or anyone here an E1.

Instead I just wanted to promote some discussion that there may be a lot of people who have E1's and are interested to see what they fetch in the market. Hence why I posted in Chit Chat. I was looking for discussion, not a sale.

Is it necessary to be so pedantic about which Forum I used to post the comment in? I believed this to be a friendly place for oly users to hang out.

laingjd
Thanks for your advice on price, I feel that what I have as a starting price is reasonable for buyers here in the land of Oz. If no bids then I will keep the body but not the lens.

pan3dpan
Your advice is good, thank you.

Julio
Thanks for the currency calculator and nice gallery

Cheers,

Julio
05-10-2006, 12:28 PM
You're welcome. ;)