PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

samagon
06-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Obviously, I'm new to the site by a couple of weeks. Over these weeks I have become enamored by the 4/3 system. I had been 'on the fence' regarding what to get until yesterday afternoon when I finally made it out to a camera store and actually got to hold the different cameras in my hands.

I was undoubtedly impressed with the olympus feel, and that ultimately is what signed the death warrant for all the others out there. I am not big on things that don't feel smooth in action or have a definate plastic feel (specifically the cannon kit lens and even some of their more expensive ones). So, in a week, when I get back from my business trip I'm gonna order me up a E-330.

A bit of background, if anyone cares ;)

I've been using a Canon PS G1 for almost 6 years (got it when it came out) and have been happy with it's performance, but as of late I have been feeling that I have been seeing things I want to shoot, but I couldn't do it because my camera is a limiting factor. Anywho, I've got some pictures online that I've taken over the years at my website

http://www.samagon0.com/image_pages/images.html

I have so many more pictures that I am just far too lazy to put up. And what really opened my eyes to my need for some new hardware was the houston gran prix:

http://www.samagon0.com/backup_images/granprix/

I'm used to a 4/3 ratio from shooting with this for so long now, I'm also ready to go and get this and see what I can really do. :smile:

Garry Frankel
06-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Welcome aboard. Make sure that what ever happens you have fun with your new camera. And then show us some new pictures !!

samagon
06-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Thanks! I'm sure I'll have fun with it, and I'll definately give you all the opertunity to rake my skills over the coals as I've only been shooting for 6 years and have never had any type of formal training. :shy:

E B
06-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Well, don't let that slow you down. The folks with formal photography training can be counted on the fingers of one hand. I'm sure that your new camera will easily live up to your expectations.