PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Southglenn, CO!

Otecron
06-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Hi everyone!

A bit about me. I am from Wisconsin originally. I actually had my first real experience with cameras several years ago, when I began selling 35mm film units at Target and later at Best Buy. During this time I was never really interested in using them myself and usually had those cheap disposable deals.

I took my first steps into digital photography when I came to Colorado a couple years ago, and bought an Olympus C-740. I am stationed here with the Army. I didn't really understand the principles behind taking quality pictures and used it infrequently.

I began getting interested a few months ago when my girlfriend was looking for a new point and shoot. I did a bunch of research to help her decide on a model, and ended becoming so fascinated by what I had been reading, that I ended buying myself an E-500 with the dual lens kit.

So far it has been a fantastic camera that I use almost daily. I bought an FL-36 flash a couple weeks ago to help with fill. Works great. I'm looking to pick up either the 50mm Macro/F2.8 next or the 50-200mm/F2.8-3.5 in the near future.

Hope to post some of my work up soon!

Mark

3dpan
06-23-2006, 09:22 PM
Hello Mark,

Welcome to the best forum I know.
Sounds like you're in for a very steep learning curve, enjoy the experience.

Cheers,
Alec

AnnF
06-24-2006, 12:52 AM
Welcome, Mark.

Ann

TooMuchCoffee
06-24-2006, 07:27 AM
Hi Mark, from your neighbor in Parker!

James Pilcher
06-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Hello Mark,

Welcome to FTP. You know, Southglen is defined by the mall, which they are in the process of demolishing. So, where you gonna live when it's gone? :D I live down the street, roughly C470 and Bdwy. Been there 23 years.

Colorado is a great place for Olympus and 4/3 cameras. Enjoy your E-500.