PDA

View Full Version : Late intro...

RFMan
07-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Hello Everybody (Say it in the Dr. Nick from the Simpsons voice for full effect :D )

I've been reading and posting around this forum for a while now, so I guess I should take the time to formally introduce myself. My mane is Luc Delorme, I'm an Electrical Engineer in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. 28 years old and single, for those interested :)

I'm known as RFMan everywhere online and even in the offline world. I've got RFMan license plates and my site is www.rfman.ca (http://www.rfman.ca). I got the nickname because of my work, my specialization RF (Radio Frequency) Engineering.

My first "real" camera was a Minolta XD-11 that I purchased from my uncle for a photography class in college. It was an old camera, but worked flawlessly and taught me the basics of photography upon which I still rely today.

I eventually sold the Minolta and used several digital cameras, including another great Minolta, the Dimage 7i, that I still own and use occasionnally. I bought my E-500 dual lens kit in October of 2005 just as it came out. I had initially planned on staying with Minolta, but they were just pulling out of the Canadian market at that time, so I made the jump to Olympus (I couldn't stand the feel of the Canan Digital Rebel).

The E-500 has been great, and I have since gotten the 35mm Macro, 14-54 and Sigma 55-200 lenses. the 30mm f/1.4 Sigma is next on my list as soon as it hits the shelves.

I'm a big computer geek also, and I've set myself up with a complete digital darkroom setup. Who knew colour management could be so tedious! I've sold prints here and there in small art and craft shows, and I'm planning on getting out there to sell more in the months to come. And if ever I sell enough to buy a 7-14mm, I'll be a real happy guy!

I also just bought MattO's E-1 and grip, and I can't wait for it to arrive. I need to find out what all the hype and raving is about :)

And that's about it for now!

Luc

AnnF
07-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Hello, Luc. Nice late intro.

I like the layout of your web site. I particularly like the caterpillar shot.
My ancestors settled in CA (Fournier & Poisson, to name a few).

Don't forget to vote in the contest! The thread is up now.:smile:

Ann

RFMan
07-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Thanks!

I'm currently working or re-organizing my web gallery, so many more shots will come up on the site soon.

That caterpillar shot is one of the most popular ones I've ever shot. I've sold a number of prints of that one, a lady in my building had it laminated and hung it in her washroom :) That picture is about 4 years old, and was taken with my Minolta Dimage 7i.

AnnF
07-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Interesting. You have to watch out for the little buggars, though. You'd think they were fuzzy and soft, but they're really very thin spines that will stick in your skin and have to be pulled out.

I took a cool shot of a rattler last year and my sister had me make an 8x10 of it and she hung it in her cubicle at work. She said everyone really liked it.

Ann