PDA

View Full Version : New member and supporter

jdc_cool
07-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm Dorsey and recently retired, i found myself wanting a hobby to keep me busy. So i figured i would give photography a try. Well I've had an old olympus point & shoot D-510 3x 2.1 megapixel camera for several years now. Taking image shots with that d510 was really my first experience:ohmy: with digital photography.
I decided on upgrading to a good oly digital camera. I checked around then laid eyes on the new e330 and wow!!! it's a beauty. I've looked at the cannon and nikon cameras and they just didn't suite my fancy or needs.
I found this forum and have been getting some very good oly info. from here. In addtion to the e330, i've the oly 18-180mm,
14-54mm, a recently aquired 50-200mm lens :smile:, F36 flash attachment, EX-25 extension tube,
nikon 300mm AI f/4.5 mf attachable with a om AI 4/3 adapter for nikon. So far i'm shooting 95% of my images in RAW format. I use adobe CS2 and adobe bridge to sort through the shots:cool:
Any hints suggestions welcomed

blueridgegirl
07-12-2006, 06:53 AM
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you are keeping really busy in retirement. Be careful or you may find yourself out of retirement and into a second career (just ask Lawrence Keeney!) :D

Please post some pics. The E-330 seems like a great camera and I'm sure you'll be happy with it! You already have a great range of lenses so it looks like you are set!

llpoolej
07-12-2006, 08:05 AM
Great to have you! Looking forward to seeing some of your E330 shots. Looks like you jumped in with both feet and picked up some nice gear

jdc_cool
07-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks, :cool:

I'm really learning as i go along, here are a few images i have taken. The Storks were taken at LA zoo with 18-180mm using a warm filter. The Flower was taken using the 14-54mm at 50mm focal length. I was testing different indoor lighting. I enhanced image a little using shadow/highlight in CS2. The fireworks was my first time using the NIGHT+PORTRAIT mode of the e330.
Images taken in raw then converted to jpg, camera was hand held during shots.
Comments welcome :smile:

AnnF
07-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Welcome.

Interesting fireworks display! Good job.

Ann