PDA

View Full Version : Another new member

IsisView
07-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi all,

I've recently acquired an E-1 and a 14-54mm lens. While looking for information about the Oly stuff I stumbled across this forum and found it a great source of information.

I've taken a few pics with E-1 and have been impressed with the quality and robustness of the camera/lens. I'm really happy to have choosen this model. Now I'm looking for a 50-200mm lens :-)

Some of the pictures I've taken with compacts are here (apart from the last three taken with E-1): http://www.flickr.com/photos/isisview/

I still haven't found a good RAW developer program for PC. If anyone has a good suggestion please let me know.

Otherwise I'm a computer security engineer so if you have queries on this subject I'll be glad to help.

Ivan

Mike Overton
07-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Hi Ivan,

And a welcome from the next door County of Berkshire. Loved the photo's of the "pooch". We have a Cairn and she's a "so and so" to photograph so I know how difficult it can be to get a good shot.

For RAW development I use Viewer that came with the camera. As a hobbyist I find it perfectly adequate although I also use PhotoCleaner for adjusting/downsizing and Qimage for printing.

Mike.

http://www.mike-overton.co.uk/

timbertoes
07-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Greetings from Texas :)

IsisView
07-22-2006, 03:50 PM
And a welcome from the next door County of Berkshire. Loved the photo's of the "pooch". We have a Cairn and she's a "so and so" to photograph so I know how difficult it can be to get a good shot.

Agree. Probably one common thing with dogs is that they'll usually face the owner while being photographed. I find it helpful if there is someone else playing with the dog while I try to find an interesting angle. Even so I only mange to take one or so "presentable" shot every few months - out of many attempts.

For RAW development I use Viewer that came with the camera. As a hobbyist I find it perfectly adequate although I also use PhotoCleaner for adjusting/downsizing and Qimage for printing.

Thanks for the tip. I've overlooked the Viewer app. Originally I installed Studio, used it for a while until it expired, but then forgotten that there was another application included on the CD.

I.

blueridgegirl
07-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi and welcome! :D

I used Silkypix for a while, but eventually bought a copy of Studio on ebay because I liked the colors better, and the "auto tone correction" feature of it. Silkypix seemed to do a great job most of the time though.

Off to go check out your pics!

AnnF
07-31-2006, 05:10 PM
Welcome, Ivan.

Ann