PDA

View Full Version : I should have done this earlier....

Bill Huber
08-04-2006, 03:48 PM
I stated out with digital cameras in 1997 with an Epson PC500 then the PC600 and in 2001 I got the Oly C2100, went to the E-10 and now the E1. I still have the 2100 and it works great, I also have a C7000, D-40 and a C700.
My E1 is my baby, it is a great camera and I really love it. I have the normal stuff, 14-54mm, 50-200mm, 50mm macro, Ex25, EC14, Fl-50 flash and the Twin Flash then all the little stuff that goes with it.

I like taking pictures of just about everything, I do like marcos the best I would say. To me it is so neat to see the things in an image that your really don't see when you are looking as something.

I have been around photography for more years then I really want to admit, I guess I really got started around 1966 with my first real 35mm camera. Did my own lab work for a few years with slides, good old E4 stuff. I shot weddings for a few years and then got away from it all. Sold all my equipment and got an Oly IS1 and just took snap shots.

I have seen some familiar names around here and I am sure my name is familiar to some. I started out on the forums with Dpreview in 2001 and have learned a lot from them. I am sure I will learn more from here also.

I work for Fedex as an IT tech in the Fort Worth Hub in Fort Worth, Texas. Been with them for 22 years and really love my job. Before Fedex I was a tech for Xerox for 18 years, of which the last 6 were spent working on the color copier so I like color.

I am a really bad typist and even worse speller, so take that in mind when you are trying to figure out what I am saying in a post. I am very opinionated I have been told and I really am not a nasty person, just sounds like it some times.

Never ever hold back comments on my images, I do not like people to say that it is a good shot when it is really not. On the forums I am looking to learn how to take better pictures not just a pat on the back.

If there is anything else you want to know just ask.

Bill_Turner
08-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Hi Bill,
I'd guess that we already "know" each other. Good to see you here in addition to DPReview.
Welcome!

Carloskbco
08-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Welcome Bill !

I commented a while back on seeing one of your images in one of those Photography magazines, it caught my eye because it said it was taken with an Oly E-1...

Anyway, nice to see you here also...

Carlos

Cyriax
08-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Welcome Bill. I am familiar with you postings on dpreview. I know you will mak many positive contributions to this forum. Look forward to your postings.

Chris

Bill Huber
08-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Hi Bill,
I'd guess that we already "know" each other. Good to see you here in addition to DPReview.
Welcome!

Yes I would say we do.....
It sure has changed of there for what it was.

Prairie
08-04-2006, 09:58 PM
I never did one of these thingys. Maybe i'll do that now. Glad you're here bill.

:thumbup:

Hokuto
08-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Nice to see you here, Bill. The interface is a bit different, but it's a nice hangout.

timbertoes
08-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Hello, Bill;
I am a "neighbor", though a little distant, being about 30 minutes south of Lake Texoma.
Have read some of your posts on Texas Photo Forum, where your E1 Avatar is surely the lone ranger :) If you ever travel North of McKinney or to Sherman area, let me know and we can meet up.

...Bryan

JRM60
08-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Good to see you over here also! Still using my Bogen 458B thanks to your reccomendation. Keep up the good work!

benherrmann
08-06-2006, 05:50 PM
I have always admired your images and the advice and help you've given to others at the other forum. I also noticed that you posted mainly in the regular Oly forum over there ( and smartly so, since the Oly DSLR forum often could get quite volatile). Your input here will be greatly appreciated and admired, and as you've probably noticed that lots of folks post here also - some exclusively so, while others do so at both locales.

I'm very gratified to see you here :D

Bill Huber
08-06-2006, 09:49 PM
I have always admired your images and the advice and help you've given to others at the other forum. I also noticed that you posted mainly in the regular Oly forum over there ( and smartly so, since the Oly DSLR forum often could get quite volatile). Your input here will be greatly appreciated and admired, and as you've probably noticed that lots of folks post here also - some exclusively so, while others do so at both locales.

I'm very gratified to see you here :D

I never really understood the Oly SLR forum. When I got the E1 and started to move over to there it was just really different, and in the last 6 months or so it got to the point you just didn't want to say anything good or bad.
Well will see how things go here, so far what I see looks good. People can tell other the image is not as good as it should be and now body goes nuts.
I do see a lot of people here that I know of form other forums.

Bill Huber
08-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Good to see you over here also! Still using my Bogen 458B thanks to your reccomendation. Keep up the good work!

For sure, I still love it and could not imagine going back to the other type of pods.

Bill Huber
08-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Hello, Bill;
I am a "neighbor", though a little distant, being about 30 minutes south of Lake Texoma.
Have read some of your posts on Texas Photo Forum, where your E1 Avatar is surely the lone ranger :) If you ever travel North of McKinney or to Sherman area, let me know and we can meet up.

...Bryan

The last time I was up that way I was shooting tigers... with a camera that is ....
Have you do the tiger shoot yet.